Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Value?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
guytranspo
Can anyone comment on a fair price for a set of 5 4-Lug Fuchs?
I’m looking at a set and have no idea what they are worth.
They are stamped with the VW logo and 15 x 5 1/2 on the inside. I’m guessing the are authentic. They are in really good shape. Finish is dull but no significant damage or curb rash.
Thanks for any and all help.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(guytranspo @ Apr 15 2022, 08:27 PM) *

Can anyone comment on a fair price for a set of 5 4-Lug Fuchs?
I’m looking at a set and have no idea what they are worth.
They are stamped with the VW logo and 15 x 5 1/2 on the inside. I’m guessing the are authentic. They are in really good shape. Finish is dull but no significant damage or curb rash.
Thanks for any and all help.

Recently paid $825 for a pair of 8x15 5 lug Fuchs as a random data point...
914Sixer
Figure $200-$250 each. Try to make sure the wheels have been spun balance checked for out of round and side to side. Check for gouges in the rim. Look at the bolt holes for cracks. Wheels are now coming up on being 50 yrs old.
mepstein
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 16 2022, 08:04 AM) *

Figure $200-$250 each. Try to make sure the wheels have been spun balance checked for out of round and side to side. Check for gouges in the rim. Look at the bolt holes for cracks. Wheels are now coming up on being 50 yrs old.

agree.gif

Fuchs hold up a lot better than Mahle’s or Pedrini’s but some have let a tough life while others have spent there time sitting in a garage.
Cairo94507
I think $1K for 5 is a good price- assuming they spin straight, etc. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
Pictures tell the story. 1k for 5 is a very good price buyer wise. Some years ago I thought I was cutting a fat hog getting 800 for 4 very nice 4 lug. No shipping either. Person to person sale. If you have to pay to make sure they are straight and true, build that into the price.
guytranspo
Thank for all of the input.
I wouldn’t have thought of checking for trueness (sp?).
I appreciate the help of this community.
Jett
Low end price for four is $700, plus $150/wheel to be restored (includes shipping). Fully restored set will cost $1300 on the very low end these days.
Montreal914
QUOTE(Jett @ Apr 16 2022, 06:14 PM) *

Low end price for four is $700, plus $150/wheel to be restored (includes shipping). Fully restored set will cost $1300 on the very low end these days.

Where do you get these restored for $150? Would this $150 also apply to 5 lug Fuchs, or they are more expensive, and if to why? Thanks! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.