Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door won’t open from inside with latch trim tight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
collierbrands
Hey guys. I am totally perplexed.
Door latches work inside and out, but I’ve had my door cards off recently -adjusting windows- and when I put the door cards back on and then put the silver trim piece back on around the interior latch handle/lock and tighten it down the door will not open. If I loosen that single bolt on the trim piece, the door will all of a sudden open from the inside. Anyone ever seen this? Got a solution? I don’t want to drive around with that trim piece loose.
Thanks.
Olympic 914
That bolt is too long.

You may have switched it with another similar bolt.

You are not the first person that this has happened to.
URY914
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Apr 16 2022, 04:22 PM) *

That bolt is too long.

You may have switched it with another similar bolt.

You are not the first person that this has happened to.

Agree 100%
914Mels
QUOTE(collierbrands @ Apr 16 2022, 03:09 PM) *

Hey guys. I am totally perplexed.
Door latches work inside and out, but I’ve had my door cards off recently -adjusting windows- and when I put the door cards back on and then put the silver trim piece back on around the interior latch handle/lock and tighten it down the door will not open. If I loosen that single bolt on the trim piece, the door will all of a sudden open from the inside. Anyone ever seen this? Got a solution? I don’t want to drive around with that trim piece loose.
Thanks.

Sounds like you used the window crank screw for the door handle trim.
Jett
+1 I’ve done the same
Steve
Btdt
collierbrands
Problem solved, you guys. A thousand thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.