Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT A thing of rare beauty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
The engine for the 550 build arrived this week, built by Vic Skirmants. I find myself just staring.
Root_Werks
Nice!

He built 2 of the 1750's for 356 projects I had years ago. Something around 110hp I think? Super solid and drivable power.

driving.gif
Steve
Check out Patrick Motorsports web page or Instagram. He rebuilt a couple of these engines and has some nice video’s of them running. They sound amazing.
914Sixer
Wow, way cool. One of the old engine masters.
krazykonrad
Is that a twin cam?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Apr 19 2022, 08:13 AM) *

Is that a twin cam?

Nope, but does have the tach cable still on. Most I've seen have been capped off and converted to elect tachs.
Dave_Darling
Wait. Is that a pushrod motor with a four-cam fan shroud??

--DD
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 19 2022, 07:23 AM) *

QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Apr 19 2022, 08:13 AM) *

Is that a twin cam?

Nope, but does have the tach cable still on. Most I've seen have been capped off and converted to elect tachs.

beer.gif I have gone full flow on my engine and need to find a good 6v electric tach. Sucks because there's a nice price effective 12v one from Sierra Madre, just don't know if 6v-to-12v converter like I have on the old stereo I plan on replacing (with a stock 6v Blaupunkt) will work idea.gif
rgalla9146
r_towle
It needs a strap to hold it down

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.