Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Video Monday - 2056 Engine Build part 8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
I've built this 2056 engine from the ground up, but will it start? In this episode I install a 123 distributor, the fuel injection system, vacuum hoses and finish up the build. Then off the stand it comes. I install it in the car, hook up the harnesses, roll the car outside and see if it starts. Enjoy the suspense wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSlyvR7FlU
Cairo94507
Congratulations Ian! beerchug.gif first.gif

What an exciting segment to see it fire-up for the first time. I love your videos- they help many owners have the confidence to work on their own cars.
Cheers,
Michael
BeatNavy
EDIT: SPOILER ALERT BELOW

******DON'T SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW IF IT STARTS******

IPB Image

Good stuff, Ian! Always a good feeling when it first starts up and sounds solid beer.gif

It's good to have a helper like your son around, too, even if he isn't sure if he trusts your work smile.gif
FlacaProductions
oh. sure. thanks for the spoiler @Cairo94507 and @BeatNavy happy11.gif

Seriously tho - thanks, Ian - these are great. A huge service to the 914 community.
Cairo94507
@FlacaProductions - Oh crap! I didn't realize this was a cliff-hanger. Sorry guys; I just figured with Ian building it, firing it up was a foregone conclusion. beerchug.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Apr 19 2022, 01:31 PM) *

oh. sure. thanks for the spoiler @Cairo94507 and @BeatNavy happy11.gif

Sorry, I fixed it. I figured cat was already out of bag, but I fixed it.
FlacaProductions
ha!!! i was joking - of COURSE it was going to fire up!!!!
iankarr
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 19 2022, 02:48 PM) *

@FlacaProductions - Oh crap! I didn't realize this was a cliff-hanger. Sorry guys; I just figured with Ian building it, firing it up was a foregone conclusion. beerchug.gif

More like a foreskin conclusion smile.gif

Thanks, guys for all your help through this. One thing I forgot to mention in the video is that I cranked the engine with the plugs out and coil disconnected to build up initial oil pressure. Mentioning it here for future readers…
euro911
Congrats, Ian first.gif

Enjoyed the video too.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(iankarr @ Apr 19 2022, 12:34 PM) *

I've built this 2056 engine from the ground up, but will it start? In this episode I install a 123 distributor, the fuel injection system, vacuum hoses and finish up the build. Then off the stand it comes. I install it in the car, hook up the harnesses, roll the car outside and see if it starts. Enjoy the suspense wink.gif

congratulations !! the 123 distributor is great but it is touchy, if its off just a slight bit it wont start. , but when i got my new 2056 ready to start for the first time, it cranked right up just like that too! its a bit rough when cold for a bout a minute it really wants a lot of air. I think i have basically the same set up and same cam as you , you are going to love it!!

Phil
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Apr 20 2022, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(iankarr @ Apr 19 2022, 12:34 PM) *

congratulations !! the 123 distributor is great but it is touchy, if its off just a slight bit it wont start. , but when i got my new 2056 ready to start for the first time, it cranked right up just like that too! its a bit rough when cold for a bout a minute it really wants a lot of air. I think i have basically the same set up and same cam as you , you are going to love it!!

Phil

Dr. Phil, did you also stay with the stock FI instead of carbs? What was your biggest reason for doing so?
bkrantz
Nice going, Ian. A great feeling to hear it run right. And a great video, as usual.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.