Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driving lights stopped working...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
advman89
My big winter project--dash rebuild was going great. Been very careful with the wiring over the last couple months.

I had everything in place, but once I got the switches back in, my driving lights are not coming on. The dash switch lights up. Headlights are operational.

I quickly checked for any loose connections, but didn't see anything. I have checked all the fuses (I have the updated blade fuse panel).

Any places to start?

sooooooo close....
barefoot
First thing, check to see if you've got voltage at the lights, If you can't pull a connector apart, just stick a pin into the insulation to contact the wire within using a multi-meter.
If nothing there go back to fuze panel.
advman89
thank you....I don't see them listed on the fuse diagram or or the cover...any clue which fuse it is?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(advman89 @ Apr 20 2022, 03:00 PM) *

thank you....I don't see them listed on the fuse diagram or or the cover...any clue which fuse it is?

this has happened to me a couple times, one time it was loss of ground connection at the fog/driver lights, one has been a slightly loose connection on the switch, and other was a bad light switch.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
fuse connection, car set on low beam with the key on, driving light ground, fuse block black round relay

QUOTE(advman89 @ Apr 20 2022, 06:45 AM) *

My big winter project--dash rebuild was going great. Been very careful with the wiring over the last couple months.

I had everything in place, but once I got the switches back in, my driving lights are not coming on. The dash switch lights up. Headlights are operational.

I quickly checked for any loose connections, but didn't see anything. I have checked all the fuses (I have the updated blade fuse panel).

Any places to start?

sooooooo close....

advman89
HIGH BEAMS it was. I knew it had to be some simple...

Thank you Dr. !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.