Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rotisserie fit ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
guytranspo
Hello all,
I am looking at a rotisserie that a member is selling. He’s not sure that it will work with a 75. He used it for earlier cars.
I am still in negotiations to buy the car, so I don’t have access to investigate the mounting points. Apparently, the rotisserie bolts to the bumper mounts on the car.
Can anyone shed light on this subject?
Thanks
BeatNavy
Yes, the '75 (and I guess '76) haver different bumper mounts and need to be mounted to the rotisserie differently. I used a friend's rotisserie to mount my '75 and needed to fabricate an "adapter" so it would fit. It wasn't that hard to figure something out, IIRC, so I wouldn't let that necessarily stop you from buying the car (or the rotisserie).
Shivers
A 75' would have the later bumpers that mount differently than the early cars. But I see no reason you could not drill a couple holes to mount it to a rotisserie, then either back date your bumpers or fix the holes you drilled once it is back on its feet.
infraredcalvin
I did the opposite, built a rotisserie for the 75, then welded adaptors for an earlier model. Now it works for both…

Way easy to adapt rather than build new
mepstein
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Apr 20 2022, 03:20 PM) *

I did the opposite, built a rotisserie for the 75, then welded adaptors for an earlier model. Now it works for both…

Way easy to adapt rather than build new

agree.gif
I’m using the rotisserie that Ben built for his 914 to hang my early 912.
Front is the same, rear just took a little modification to make it work.
DaveB
You don't need to fabricate anything for the '75 or '76. The mounting arms which come with most rotisseries use a 2" square tubing with holes at the end. This fits over the bumper mounts and bolts through the mounting holes. i just picked up a used rotisserie. Unfortunitly the owner modified the stock mounts, so I need to bring them back to stock. This is an example of how the 2" arm can fit over the rear bumper mount (I just threw this on for the picture). Again, the stock rotisserie arms have holes at the end that you can run the bolt through and you're done.

Click to view attachment

DaveB
guytranspo
Thanks for all of the input. I appreciate the help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.