Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FJ114 injectors replacement for 1.7 query
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Halfnelson
Hi,
Have just purchased a set of FJ114 Standard injectors to replace the ones in my 73 1.7. At some point PO had fitted new injectors but not the correct type. I have a couple of questions for those that have fitted these.

What size seals do I need?

The hose seems short - how did you get round this?

Thanks, Chris
Sprout
I've also got a 1.7 and installed the FJ114 injectors. The hoses that come attached to the injectors should be long enough for a stock installation. I didn't have any trouble with them at least. You can use the Standard seal kit. I think their seal kit on Amazon was $8 when I bought them.
Halfnelson
QUOTE(Sprout @ Apr 20 2022, 09:30 PM) *

I've also got a 1.7 and installed the FJ114 injectors. The hoses that come attached to the injectors should be long enough for a stock installation. I didn't have any trouble with them at least. You can use the Standard seal kit. I think their seal kit on Amazon was $8 when I bought them.

Thanks for that - will drop Rock Auto a line. Hoped there might be a type of seal I could source here in the UK so I didn't have to order and wait again for shipping from the US.
Sprout
I'm sure the larger auto parts stores near you would have the correct seals. Maybe just remove one of your injectors, take the two seals to the store with you and they can find ones to fit.
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(Halfnelson @ Apr 20 2022, 11:51 AM) *

Hi,
Have just purchased a set of FJ114 Standard injectors to replace the ones in my 73 1.7. At some point PO had fitted new injectors but not the correct type. I have a couple of questions for those that have fitted these.

What size seals do I need?

The hose seems short - how did you get round this?

Thanks, Chris

I just fit these injectors to my 1.7 and bought them from rock auto. I got seals from them as well. The engine is still out of the car, hopefully I will install in a week or so. I believe the hoses are long enough. May not know until I run them. They installed ok but it's hard to tell if the bend will restrict flow at all. I do have fairly new pre bent hoses I can swap in if there is an issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.