Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Knurled Trip Odometer Reset Knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DC_neun_vierzehn
Anybody have an extra knurled trip odometer reset knob (and retaining screw) sitting around?

Thanks in advance.
scallyk9
I do. Early style for early model years. And with all the washers, lock ring, et cetera. Knurled knob has the ultra tiny set screw. PM me for info.
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Apr 20 2022, 09:32 PM) *

I do. Early style for early model years. And with all the washers, lock ring, et cetera. Knurled knob has the ultra tiny set screw. PM me for info.

Can you please post a pic? I didn't realize there was a difference. I have a '73.
Van B
oh man, I would like to have one too if it will fit a '74. I too thought all years were the same.
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Apr 20 2022, 09:32 PM) *

@scallyk9 message sent. Awaiting your response.
914werke
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Apr 21 2022, 06:26 AM) *
Can you please post a pic? I didn't realize there was a difference. I have a '73.

Click to view attachment
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(914werke @ Apr 22 2022, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Apr 21 2022, 06:26 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Is the early one on the right (the fatter knurled knob)? If so, that looks like the one I had in my '73 (build date of 11/72).

Do you have an extra?
NARP74
Can someone verify the early v late styles? I thought I was looking for one, but it might be the other. Everything on this car is a massive learning opportunity.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Apr 24 2022, 05:30 PM) *

Can someone verify the early v late styles? I thought I was looking for one, but it might be the other. Everything on this car is a massive learning opportunity.

knob on left 74-76 right side 70 -73
NARP74
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Apr 24 2022, 08:45 PM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Apr 24 2022, 05:30 PM) *

knob on left 74-76 right side 70 -73

OK, so that blows what I thought I knew. Now I am looking for a late knob then.

Also, how does the late version cable mount in the hole? If I just press on the later knob, the cable will slop around in the hole, it is not held tightly. The early has much more mounting hardware to fix the cable in the hole and then mount the knob on it. I can see why they simplified the mounting, less hardware involved.

I need a late model knob and any hardware that goes with it if anyone has one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.