Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 2.0 intake manifold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
robkammer
All: If anyone has a manifold that's correct for a 74 2.0 I'm interested. Important that it has the 'F' shaped nozzle or whatever it's called. Condition not too important as long as it not rusty or banged up.
davep
Do you mean the intake runners, two pipes from air cleaner box to head with the 3 holes for head studs?
JamesM
'F' shaped nozzle ???

The only F shaped piece I can think of on a 74 2.0 intake is the stacked vacuum elbow, and that is a replaceable rubber piece.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-914-Sta...acuum-srch.html

It does however require you are running the appropriate 73-74 plenum as the port it attaches to does not exist on the 75-76 plenum.

Show us pictures of what you are working with and we can tell you what you need.
robkammer
Thanks fellas: It is the plenum, not the runners I am thinking that I need. I've attached a photo of that area. I rewired and plumbed the engine bay over the winter, and didn't really pay much attention to where the old hoses went. I had new AA hose package with t a great drawing in hand, so, no problem.
But, the drawing and several advisors have said that the PCV should connect to the plenum, as you can see in the photo I have it where I believe it was before, on the air filter.
I bought the 'F fitting from George and it does not help the situation. The large fitting on my plenum fits a 9mm hose and the pcv is a 12mm. Also the 'F ' fitting is for a 12mm nipple as well.
I don't think running the pcv to the air box would cause much trouble other than an oily air filter, but I would prefer to have this setup as it was intended to be.
So if I need to swap the intake, that should not be to much of an issue.
All thoughts are welcome.
RobClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
robkammer
George at AA had a used plenum and we made a deal. I'll post a pic once it's installed
JamesM
QUOTE(robkammer @ Apr 25 2022, 12:10 PM) *

I don't think running the pcv to the air box would cause much trouble other than an oily air filter, but I would prefer to have this setup as it was intended to be.
So if I need to swap the intake, that should not be to much of an issue.
All thoughts are welcome.
RobClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

The issue with running that style PCV to the airbox is that that style PCV was designed to operate under vacuum. The later style crank case vent is a larger open(no valve) port.

Think you are on the right track looking for the proper plenum. Alternatively you could look for the later 2.0 oil tower and airbox and just plumb it with the 75 configuration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.