Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Momo early hub 914-6 or 911
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cairo94507
Hi Guys,

I am looking to see if I can find one of the earlier Momo solid "short" hubs for a 914-6 or early 911. This would be the hub that is solid aluminum and does not have the 4-legs with the heavy hard ribbed rubber collar that goes around it. If I can find one of these I can forego modifying the hub I have.

Thanks,
Michael
sixaddict
May have oneā€¦. Need to search
Will let you know
bdstone914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 21 2022, 12:29 PM) *

Hi Guys,

I am looking to see if I can find one of the earlier Momo solid "short" hubs for a 914-6 or early 911. This would be the hub that is solid aluminum and does not have the 4-legs with the heavy hard ribbed rubber collar that goes around it. If I can find one of these I can forego modifying the hub I have.

Thanks,
Michael

@Cairo94507

I think i have two of them. I think it should be a 8001 part number

sixnotfour
911s registry..
https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...ht=momo+adapter
Cairo94507
Well I may now have another option- thanks @sixnotfour
sixnotfour
another ??
https://www.ebay.com/itm/111804531047?chn=p...=1&mkcid=28
bdstone914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 22 2022, 06:52 PM) *

I would not count on that one to fit.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 22 2022, 08:31 PM) *

They have sold 88 of the black ones, I bought one will report back..get it thursday..
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif
914sgofast2
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 22 2022, 07:31 PM) *

I bought one of those NPR branded hubs from Ebay last year and it does not fit an early 914 (1970 model 1.7 liter). The only one I could find that sort of works was an Italian Luisi brand hub that fits, but the horn contact doesn't work because the mounting hole for the contact was drilled in the wrong place in the Luisi hub. I ended up just putting a button on the dash to operate the horn.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Apr 24 2022, 06:40 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 22 2022, 07:31 PM) *

I bought one of those NPR branded hubs from Ebay last year and it does not fit an early 914 (1970 model 1.7 liter). The only one I could find that sort of works was an Italian Luisi brand hub that fits, but the horn contact doesn't work because the mounting hole for the contact was drilled in the wrong place in the Luisi hub. I ended up just putting a button on the dash to operate the horn.

Yes But this is for a 914-6 Column ..time will tell.....Stay Tuned
sixnotfour
Got it ,, will post fitment pics Tomorrow..stay tuned
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif
sixnotfour
@Cairo94507 Hope this Helps......Test fit 914-6 Column, Supprised to how well it fits.. The gap between housing and adapter looks bigger.. because the steo like factory steering wheel is smaller od .. for 60 bucks , I like it better than the rubber shrouded MoMo....
Cairo94507
Would it be possible for you to give me the overall length of that hub? It looks to be about as deep or long as the newer hubs. I am looking for a hub that is about 1.25" to 1.5" shorter. Thanks for the pictures though. I do agree that looks a lot better than the newer Momo hub with the rubber collar. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 30 2022, 02:51 PM) *

Would it be possible for you to give me the overall length of that hub? It looks to be about as deep or long as the newer hubs. I am looking for a hub that is about 1.25" to 1.5" shorter. Thanks for the pictures though. I do agree that looks a lot better than the newer Momo hub with the rubber collar. beerchug.gif

main body is 2.875 .. Good news it is solid ,so it can be shortenend...and its 914 cost effective.... Good Luck on your search..
Cairo94507
Thank you very much. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
OK, I believe I have found the hub I wanted. Once I receive it, I will do a side by side comparison of it along with the Momo hub currently being sold and on my car. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Cool ,, Im gonna shorten mine...
68911l
How about this one?

https://karmannkonnection.com/product/porsc...b-boss-1965-73/
Cairo94507
Seems like a bad link; I can't get too that site at all.
914Sixer
I have the $60 one from Ebay on my Hella wheel for the 75. Fits nice. Just showing hub, NOT Selling.
68911l
Updated the link

https://karmannkonnection.com/product/porsc...b-boss-1965-73/

www.karmannkonnection.com/product/porsche-911-912-momo-style-steering-wheel-hub-boss-1965-73
Cairo94507
OK, received the hub today and it fits perfectly. It measure about 2 7/16" in height. I think it is going to work perfectly. It also accepts a Nardi or Momo bolt pattern.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
wow never seen that one before.. Good for you .. first.gif
sixnotfour
note how big the hidden step is ,, makes gap look smaller...
Cairo94507
Thank you. When I put it on to test fit it I was pleased with the way it fit with the clamshell. beerchug.gif
dug
@Cairo, so what is the make/model of that hub? Was it new or used? What was the source?
Cairo94507
@dug - Sorry, I found this on eBay; the seller was Retro Automotive Products, (Matthew) in Claremont, NH 03743 (www.retroautomotiveproducts.com). It was listed as "911 912 914 914-6 Steering Wheel Adapter Hub Nardi". It is used but appears in good condition.

When I reached out to them, they were very helpful and immediately walked out to their parts area, located the hub and measured it for me. They shipped it immediately and I had it in my hands 2 days later. I do not know if they have additional hubs. Good luck. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
I discovered a small issue with this hub when I went to install it. For the Momo horn button receiver (the silver plated plate that goes between the hub and the wheel) to fit correctly, so the horn works, it looks like we need to machine the top of the hub about 1/16" ID bigger. We will just measure the ID on the actual Momo hub and use that measurement for my new hub ID.

And, since we will be doing that, we may machine about 3/16" off the height on the top side as well. Since this is a solid hub, and aluminum, that should not be difficult.

I was very happy when I bolted the new hub on and attached the steering wheel and looked at overall fitment. I think taking 3/16" off will be perfect. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.