Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: two resource questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
good place for combi guage restoration?

where to get rear drop links for the factory sway bar? the rubber type? and the bushings for the front and rear?
GPR maybe?

thanks,
b.
MattR
For the gauge, North Hollywood Speedo is the hot ticket. I have a spare nice one at home for sale I can snap some pics of if you want.

The factory droplinks for the rear sway bar are steel with rubber bushings. The bushings are available from pelicanparts, gpr, or any of the major players. The steel droplinks arent easy to find. Maybe calling around to pelican and (dare I say) auto atlanta may be the best bet.
Aaron Cox
agree.gif

NoHo speedo does awesome stuff....

Rear sway drop links - steel, with 2 eyes, where the bushing resides.... bushings for them are easy to find, (5 bucks each) BUT goodluck finding the actual dog bone drop link....

AA
rhodyguy
sticker shock! i called north hollywood about their combo that has the fuel gauge. $500+the correct sending units. the bushings that cradle the rear bar-gpr. same for all of the related bushings. i think sourcing the correct rear shock bolts is more difficult.

k
brer
my rear bar has a long rubber strap with several holes, for different positions. no steel involved. It has a large ball on the bar and on the shock bolt for the rubber strap to slip over. I have one side, but not the other.

looks like a dog toy..... kinda.

SirAndy
QUOTE (brer @ Aug 2 2005, 02:15 PM)
my rear bar has a long rubber strap with several holes, for different positions. no steel involved. It has a large ball on the bar and on the shock bolt for the rubber strap to slip over.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rhodyguy
where is the ttiwwp?

k
SirAndy
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 2 2005, 03:05 PM)
where is the ttiwwp?

at the bottom of the smily box is a "Show All" link ...
Gint
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 2 2005, 04:05 PM)
where is the ttiwwp?

k

Or you can just type this:

CODE
:ttiwwp:

Don't forget the colons. It ends up looking like this:

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
LongARM
smilie_wirdgut.gif

what does that mean..???? idea.gif
Joe Bob
Anything AA HAS...GPR can get....closer, better 'tude and usually lower shipping....

No Ho Speedo is pricey but if ya call Palo Alto Speedo and get a quote you can play them off each other for a better price.
SirAndy
QUOTE (LongARM @ Aug 2 2005, 04:06 PM)
smilie_wirdgut.gif what does that mean..???? idea.gif

"Alles wird gut!" translates into:

"Everything is going to be OK!"

wink.gif Andy
jonwatts
Does either place sell parts or just the rebuild services?

I'd like a speedo that works but not to the tune of $500 (this is not for a 914 so please no offers for 914 speedometers).

brer
here's a sort of picture of it. bad resolution, but you get the idea.

This hooks on the sway bar ball ends, has a little pull handle for setting the adjustments
Dr Evil
Brer,
What do you need done to your gauges? I do some work and am less then PA or HW.
brer
remember those special 2 1/4" guages i showed you with the silver button centers?

I want one of the needles put on a CHT guage. The other 2 1/4" oil pressure needs to be cleaned, the glass is all foggy.

I got a combi guage with temp, that needs to be cleaned, needles painted red,yellow light circle repainted yellow, and trim ring sanded and painted black again. I am close to just doing it myself, but i want them purrfect looking. Can you match that nice satin black on the trims rings?

You can do dat? yes?
rhodyguy
seemore posted a picture of the no ho display taken on that cold rainy day you cal guys had a swapmeet on. the combo was a nice unit. when i called on it i didn't get far enough into the conversasion to know if that 5 bill price needed a core. shipping+ins+senders+whatever harness it would take to make it work... over $600. too much.

k
Dr Evil
I might could do it, but it woudl take time. I HATE painting...but for $$ I will do just about anything. If you are nto in a hurry, let me see how this med school thing shapes up and I will get a better feel for my free time. My friend (a 2nd year) said that it aint all that bad. I figure that I have been beating my self 2.5 times harder thatn the next student for the last 3.5 years, this may seem like a scholastic vacation. Send me pics. I'll PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.