Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don’t think I ever noticed this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gereed75
Took the car out tonight to rotate tires. Checked to see if fog lights were working. Got in car and noticed a little blue light on in MPH gauge - indicates running lights on only.

If I ever knew that was there I had forgotten. A cool little bonus during tonight’s drive

falcor75
The blue light is supposed to indicate your high beams are on?
wonkipop
mine is at the top of the dial.

must be because its in australia? beer.gif
gereed75
No, there is the regular blue high beam indicator in the tach. This one is associated with the parking/running lights. It comes on with the light switch pulled to first detent (running lights on, headlights up but off) and goes out when switch pulled out to headlights on.

I'll see if its mentioned in the owners manual.

Mats, love your car, any luck with sale? Your gonna miss it!
GregAmy
Mine has it. It's only on when the parking lights are on, extinguishes when the heads are on.

In fact, I leverage that circuit for an audible buzzer to remind me to shut off the lights when I turn the car off (I use running lights and fogs as DRLs).
jrmdir
Hi:

Anything is possible after almost 50 years, but in every 911 and 914 I've owned the lights-on reminder is green. See photo from the '73 manual. Maybe the gel insert faded or was replaced at some point?

Ron

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
The running lights indicator in my Six, and my former 2 Sixes, were green. I like it because I (illegally) drive with my running lights on during the daytime for an extra measure of visibility. It reminds me to turn them off when I park. beerchug.gif
barefoot
On my 76, It's migrated to top of the speedo. smile.gif
windforfun
Well, I guess you learn something new everyday. Captain Obvious here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.