Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct dash vent for 1974-914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MM1
Can you please advise as to which of these dash vents would be correct for a 1974 -914?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914werke
On the R. w/the lever
MM1
A friend just gave me one of these - so I’ll probably purchase one of the two above in order to make a matching set but I am curious as to what would be correct for a 74 and maybe I’ll be able to get a complete set of the correct ones.

Click to view attachment
MM1
Is there a better forum on earth?

Doubt it.

Thanks, Rich!
MM1
I also have a 1973 project . . .would the first version (on the left in the first pic) with the knurled round directional adjuster be correct for the 1973?

Essentially, what was the last year for the first version?
914werke
Eh...correct? Perhaps if it was an Early 73 (late 72 build date) IIRC . BTW LINK
maf914
The Restorer's Guide to Authenticity indicates the change occurred mid-73-76.

No explanation as to exactly when mid-73 occurred. idea.gif
914Sixer
Betting the accounting department was counting the cost difference. About the time 4 DM to the $1 became 2 DM to the $1.
Puebloswatcop
The knurled one was 72 and before, the one with the lever was 73 and later.
Jamie
QUOTE(MM1 @ Apr 25 2022, 12:17 PM) *

A friend just gave me one of these - so I’ll probably purchase one of the two above in order to make a matching set but I am curious as to what would be correct for a 74 and maybe I’ll be able to get a complete set of the correct ones.

Click to view attachment

This is the correct one on my original 73, no lever as on later models.
Jamie
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Apr 25 2022, 03:25 PM) *

The knurled one was 72 and before, the one with the lever was 73 and later.

Lever was apparently a later 73 as my early 73 has the knurled wheel.
MM1
My 73 is a fairly early one as well. It came with the knurled wheel vents and white headlights surrounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.