Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Washers for fuel tank pickup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kemo
all,

im in the process of replacing my gas tank and the pickups underneath were somewhat mated to the old gas tank. a bit of heat helped, but the screen is toast on the supply side an ill be ordering another one.

I kinda have a few questions here...does the supply side have a crush washer in addition to the screen? or does the screen body itself act as a crush washer? and does the crush washer go over the screen (seems like it would) I found a source for the screen that seems to include a washer (link)

so the next question is the crush washer for the return line...I was not able to find this online, would anyone have a source for this size? its a bit smaller than the supply and didnt match up to any in my stache.

Thanks!

Steve Kennemer
Austin TX
Kemo
oh and here is a pic from another thread for reference on the return crush washer

IPB Image
mgphoto
The screen I recently purchased had the crush washer, tangerine racing.
Harbor Freight has a box of various size copper washers.
maf914
It appears 914rubber may have the washer you need, but I'm not exactly sure. Check the link below and give them a call if you think that may be correct.

https://914rubber.com/fuel-strainer-screen-for-porsche-914
Costa05
I cut up some of my own washers from gasket material and used Hylomar Blue as a compound. It's been holding up well for so far. Found it recommended by others.
Click to view attachment
MM1
914 Rubber only had one with the screen recently.

AutoAtlanta has both correct washers -and I didn't have to anneal them.

Not a drip so far.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.