Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Dash Carcass WANT?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
advman89
I have a 1971 Dash pad that has the usual cracks and whatnots...does anyone do anything with these or should it make it's way to the bin?

I can post some pics if someone is interested.

Krieger
Good question. I have one too collecting years of dust.
advman89
I have a whole collection of dusty parts that need to find new homes, or hit the bin

I think someone could fill the gaps and reskin it, but that someone isn't me.

I bought a factory second from 914Rubber and suited my needs perfectly.
PanelBilly
If you were closer, I’d want it. I’ve always wanted a customs stitched one but don’t want to waste the one I have in my car now. I’ve got one of Mark’s early refurbished ones. This was way before he got it perfected and it has a few bubbles in the valleys of the vinyl. All and all it’s still much better than a cracked one. I want to eliminate the ashtray too
914werke
I thought early version were still kept since Rubber made the late tops not the early version (to fit dash frame with longer glove box & w/o vents)
advman89
yeah, mine needed a little coaxing in spots...

I'll hold on to it for a min.

If anyone is in need, PM me.
Mikey914
The late ones we made do fit all dashes. The glove box locations are different ( shifted a little ove an inch), but it will not interfere with the operation of the glovebox.
- mark
914werke
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 1 2022, 06:58 AM) *
The late ones we made do fit all dashes.

Good to know
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.