Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So I drove a 911 today...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
A '78 911 that sat on a dealer's lot. I took it for a test drive, and was pretty impressed. It actually had grunt and torque. The steering was SUPER fast. It handled pretty well, but seemed really heavy and..... too refined? I dunno, it didn't feel like a fun little car to go raise hell in. It felt like the girl you take home to Mom, whereas the 914 is some little slut you fool around with. Anybody?

The only real bad thing about the ride was the passenger- a used car dealer. Scumbag found it necessary to tell me I was actually driving a REAL Porsche, not a "glorified Volkswagen". Mother..... ar15.gif ar15.gif stromberg.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
tat2dphreak
it felt like the girl you take home to Mom, whereas the 914 is some little slut you fool around with. Anybody?

marry the slut, the one's ok by mom are boring in bed...

oh, wait... what was the question?
spare time toys
QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Aug 2 2005, 04:10 PM)
a used car dealer. Scumbag found it necessary to tell me I was actually driving a REAL Porsche, not a "glorified Volkswagen". Mother..... ar15.gif ar15.gif stromberg.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif

I would have told him I was set to get it up until HE made the smart ass remark showing his obvious lack of knowledge and he insulted me with such a stupid wise crack and I will be complaining to his boss about his piss poor customer service and total lack of respect for you and things you hold dear. Now the ONLY WAY they can make it up to you is to give you a killer deal on the TRUE porsche. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
did he see you pull up in a 914? "glorified volkswagen"? that's when you look over at him, then bet him the 911 "you don't know what you're talking about fella" wink.gif . down to 2nd, drive it like you stole it, make him scream, and lock em up and go sideways when you pull into the dealership.

k
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Aug 2 2005, 04:10 PM)
The only real bad thing about the ride was the passenger- a used car dealer. Scumbag found it necessary to tell me I was actually driving a REAL Porsche, not a "glorified Volkswagen". Mother..... ar15.gif ar15.gif stromberg.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif

You should have parked the 911 in the nearest ditch and thanked him for the test drive! happy11.gif
Mueller
I'd bet money the salesperson does not even own or ever had any model Porsche.....what an idiot he is.....
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (Mueller @ Aug 2 2005, 06:14 PM)
I'd bet money the salesperson does not even own or ever had any model Porsche.....what an idiot he is.....

Claims to have owned a 914, couple of 911s, a 356, and a 912. However he didn't know the displacement of the 911 I drove, and didn't know what an "H-pattern" gearbox is.
Harumph!

I like rhodyguy's solution. Maybe I'll have to go back and offer to take him for a ride in a REAL sports car... mueba.gif

Right after I climbed out of the 911 and started heading for my car, he made some smart comment about my cracked front valence (tow truck...). Scumbag. ar15.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
bd1308
i love my 914. will never get rid of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.