Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beware replacement 1.7 injector and hoses supplied with them
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhynesrockmtn
I bought the common replacement 1.7 liter fuel injectors from rock auto about a month ago. They are installed on an engine that was removed for some out of the car maintenance. I only put them on there a few weeks ago. They are already splitting at the bend. I guess I'm gonna be cutting them off and reinstalling the pre bent hoses that I had bought new a year ago.

Click to view attachment
Spoke
That's not good. Were these hoses pre-bent? That bend is pretty extreme in such a small space.
rhodyguy
blowup.gif
mepstein
Bottom line prices don’t usually result in top quality parts.
rhodyguy
My single experience with Rockauto was way less than satisfying. BS hassle actually. I had to contact my CC co to kill the sale. Then the actual seller, a dismantler, wanted to talk to me. 'The wheel is boxed and on the porch ready for pickup. I can't be responsible if it goes missing. The charge has already been denied'.
jhynesrockmtn
These are the common FJ114 injectors from Standard Motor Products. Mr. Injector recommended them when he said my originals were toast. They come with pre installed hose that is not pre bent. I had the proper pre bent hose on the old ones and will swap those back on. These weren't cheap injectors and are available from many sources. It's a good reminder that the bend in the hose is there for a reason.

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS FJ114 Fuel Injector $ 75.79 $ 0.00 4 $ 303.16
mepstein
Tangerine Racing sells the bent hose - and lots of other great stuff. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.