Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Carlisle 2022
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
preach
Sorry about the apple lean. Maybe @sirandy can fix it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
preach
Dion and Tom won 1st and 2nd in the mid engine concours class. first.gif
preach
And the last 914 of the day:

Click to view attachment

For sale as well if anyone is interested:

Click to view attachment
william1764
That would be my 74’ Phoenix red at top of post next to brother’s 993. Great day!
GrandAm
QUOTE(preach @ Apr 30 2022, 11:25 AM) *

That #78 car is the 1969 "First Ever 914 to the U.S." in Panorama last year. In the bottom left of the picture you can see an orange leg of the rotisserie holding my Creamsiicle with 98% of the metalwork done. Goes to 3S chemical May 23, to be dipped.
So many nice 914"s!
preach
QUOTE(GrandAm @ May 1 2022, 11:08 AM) *

In the bottom left of the picture you can see an orange leg of the rotisserie holding my Creamsiicle with 98% of the metalwork done. Goes to 3S chemical May 23, to be dipped.
So many nice 914"s!

I did not even see your car on the rotisserie until I was basically running through the last of the vendors looking for the one part I currently need. Sorry I did not get better pics of it. I did get a good look at the floor repair so I have somewhat of a clue on what I need to do on mine.

The one part I need is a T4 fan so I can do some mocking-up of a thing. If anyone has one they can part with please shoot me a PM.
preach
Fantastic event BTW. If you get a chance go.

I recommend sun screen (My head and neck are torched), and better walking shoes than old blown out Vans.

Dion
Thanks for posting @preach . The rotisserie 914 chassis looked perfect.
That’s going to be an interesting build. Hope you document it here @GrandAm
Olympic 914
Rotisserie car, Good thing it didn't rain....

@GrandAm

Click to view attachment

Dion's car, Nice detail on the foglights. And every other thing on the car. beer.gif

Click to view attachment

1st and 2nd place winners, Mid engine class,

Click to view attachment

3rd place was this Spyder.

Click to view attachment

And this Odd looking 914 showed up.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
QUOTE(preach @ May 1 2022, 04:31 PM) *

QUOTE(GrandAm @ May 1 2022, 11:08 AM) *

In the bottom left of the picture you can see an orange leg of the rotisserie holding my Creamsiicle with 98% of the metalwork done. Goes to 3S chemical May 23, to be dipped.
So many nice 914"s!

I did not even see your car on the rotisserie until I was basically running through the last of the vendors looking for the one part I currently need. Sorry I did not get better pics of it. I did get a good look at the floor repair so I have somewhat of a clue on what I need to do on mine.

The one part I need is a T4 fan so I can do some mocking-up of a thing. If anyone has one they can part with please shoot me a PM.

@preach I have a couple.
I’m home all week WFH, just south of Nashua.

Rich
TomE
Looks like you had better luck finding 914's than the guy taking pictures of the 356 models? Although the 914 numbers are getting smaller every year. Great pics too by the way. Matt and I was buy his car when a young guy walked up and asked about his car. He loved the flares said he had a 944 but sold it. He was looking to go air cooled with his next Porsche. I told him to join the group and ask questions.
preach
@r_towle I will be in touch this week. Might be able to shoot over that way after work later this week.

@TomE I have some more pics but hated posting them off of my phone. I did not take too many others than posted but I do have a couple of the 911s and a 356 or 2. I also have a thing for overlander Cayennes so a few of those as well.
VaccaRabite
How Carlisle ended for me this year:

IPB Image
IPB Image

Custom exhaust hanger failed, left the entire exhaust hanging off the heads. I noted a small exhaust leak on the way there. On the way home it was a big leak. I figured the muffler had loosened away from exchangers or something until I got home, looked, and noticed the entire muffler was swinging up and down.

The irony that all the parts needed to fix this were at Carlisle is not lost on me.

Left twist drill bit and an Irwin extractor will be here this week. Got the snapped stud in penetrating oil. Hoping it comes out easy. Cleaned up and welded the hanger back together. All goes well I should be back on the road sooner then later. Need new gaskets, and I won't buy a new stud till I get the old one back and I can examine the bore.

Zach
vitamin914
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ May 2 2022, 11:50 AM) *

How Carlisle ended for me this year:

Custom exhaust hanger failed, left the entire exhaust hanging off the heads. I noted a small exhaust leak on the way there. On the way home it was a big leak. I figured the muffler had loosened away from exchangers or something until I got home, looked, and noticed the entire muffler was swinging up and down.

The irony that all the parts needed to fix this were at Carlisle is not lost on me.

Left twist drill bit and an Irwin extractor will be here this week. Got the snapped stud in penetrating oil. Hoping it comes out easy. Cleaned up and welded the hanger back together. All goes well I should be back on the road sooner then later. Need new gaskets, and I won't buy a new stud till I get the old one back and I can examine the bore.

Zach

That really sucks... I was standing there with my son just as you rolled in to park on the grass and I could hear the exhaust sound was "off". That must have been the leak. Good luck with removing the stud. I've got a broken bolt head on the front end that has me worried.
r_towle
So sad Zach….but you will get it fixed, then you get to find the next thing smile.gif
mskala
I saw a NOS right suspension console for sale. Hopefully somebody here bought it.

I bought the only used steel rockers there. However, Stoddard showed up with a lot
of new metal including 914 rockers.

Mark S.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(preach @ May 2 2022, 06:43 AM) *

@r_towle I will be in touch this week. Might be able to shoot over that way after work later this week.

@TomE I have some more pics but hated posting them off of my phone. I did not take too many others than posted but I do have a couple of the 911s and a 356 or 2. I also have a thing for overlander Cayennes so a few of those as well.

I hope everyone saw the dirt 356, it took two shovels and a chainsaw.
The sunroof was nice...
Unobtanium-inc
My friend Kim did a great video of the swap, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5QZBgcQ4xQ
nditiz1
Thanks for the link, nice vid, especially at 25:12 biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.