Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show us your mirror hangers and car collectibles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914xr75
Might just be me, but I've always placed a mirror hanger on my old cars. It has to be something that brings me joy. Found this vintage 70's Timex phone dial watch for my 914. It reminds me of the
Mach 5's steering wheel. I've never broken a windshield. I also keep a Kennedy quarter of the same year in all my old cars. Any of you have car collectibles?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
StarBear
Neat! biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
In CA, I believe it may be illegal to hang anything from your rear-view mirror. I try to never give the rookie cops any excuse to "officially" introduce themselves to me. It's just embarrassing. Also, in today's crazy world, it seems discretion may be going the way of the dinosaur- sadly. beerchug.gif
mepstein
Hanging something from my mirror would annoy me to no end.
ClayPerrine
A car is driving down the street when all of a sudden it starts violently swerving across the road. The car keeps going back and forth, delaying traffic for miles until someone finally phones the police. A police officer pulls the car over and approaches the window. A blonde rolls down the window. "Excuse me, ma'am, but is there any explanation for your reckless driving?" he says. The blonde says, "Officer, I'm so glad you are here. There was a tree in the road, and I swerved. Then I saw another tree, and another, right in the middle of the road! So I had to swerve to keep from hitting them!" The officer looks at her, then says, "Ma'am, that's your air freshener."

sb914
I have this “angel on my shoulder” pin my mother gave me.
I’ve had this for years and I cherish it . Keeps me safe !
Click to view attachment
euro911
blink.gif screwy.gif

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Yeah.... it's a slippery slope for sure. beerchug.gif
Front yard mechanic
Mine stromberg.gif Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
I have a small bit of plastic wristband type thing around the post of my mirror. It's old and badly sun-damaged, with the green exterior part just about all flaked off.

It's the "this car is allowed to do the lunchtime parade laps" tag from the 1998 Monterey Historic races. A special memory for me, and the band is small enough that it doesn't get in my way.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.