Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Connecting the fuel pump..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TRS63
Hello all,

Some reassembly and I realise that I am missing some pictures..bad from me mad.gif

On the right engine bay side, Il have the fuel pump with 2 screw connections, and these connectors/cables

1)
IPB Image

IPB Image

And 2)
IPB Image

IPB Image

From what I remembered, Fuel pump was connected to the 2 cables from 2) that are attached with the engine wiring and goes through the engine metal surrounding.. but what is connector 1) then ?

Thanks a lot
Antoine
wonkipop
that is your fuel pump electrical plug.
goes straight into your old style 3 port pump mounted underneath engine in area of rhs longitudinal.

its missing its rubber waterproof boot?

beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
The fuel pump has been rewired. It should not come up through the engine tin. It should connect to the harness below the engine shelf. Someone wired it directly to ground on the engine in the past.

Clay
TRS63
Ok, that explains that it did not match the wiring plan I saw..thanks!

Antoine
TRS63
Just to be sure: is there originally any cable going through engine tin or is it something they made on my car?

Thanks!
Antoine
Dave_Darling
The throttle cable may come through that hole. The oil temperature sender wire may come through that hole. It's not a hole drilled only in your car.

--DD
TRS63
Thanks a lot smile.gif
wonkipop
i'll look at mine tomorrow.
its original 74 1.8.
wonkipop
QUOTE(TRS63 @ May 2 2022, 10:44 PM) *

Just to be sure: is there originally any cable going through engine tin or is it something they made on my car?

Thanks!
Antoine

the throttle cable comes through that hole in tin ware on a 1.8.
throttle cable only. no electrical connection.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.