Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Group Buy for Lufttgekuhit emblems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Ken has started a new group buy for the Luft grill badges. Do not sign up here on World; go to: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...-emblem-16.html

From Ken 5/2/22:
“Is there any interest in a new group buy? The supplier stated they have 21 badges ready to ship. So no waiting time for manufacturing. I'd say the turnaround time is about 2 weeks + a few days for mailing to individual buyers from the time we place the order. As usual, we will do this with min 10 orders to make it worthwhile. $86 per piece shipped and insured within the mainland US

Let's go.

and more till 21”
NotLance
Relatively new to 914world, and joined Pelican Parts to sign up for the group buy.

Get a DM from a Pelican User with this link

https://histoparts.com/du150-deutz-embleem-luftgekuhlt/3

The group buys lists the emblem for $86, and the linked one is about $25.

Willing to pay the $86 if there is a reason to, I'm just hesitant to continue without more information. Are these the same product, or is the "Histoparts" one linked a cheap knock-off of the group buy one? Maybe the cheaper one is Plastic?

Just looking for the full story.

Bullethead
Basically you're paying for convenience, which is not a bad thing.

Full story is that Histoparts is one of several sources for these emblems which are well made of heavy brass. Buy several to sell and offset the moderate shipping expense.

Initially the sales people were bewildered by the demand for these things... a very nice lady asked me how there could possibly be so many Deutz tractors in America.

Click to view attachment
NotLance
Makes sense to me, thanks for the great information!
Van B
on behalf of nearly everyone, I presume, what is this and why is it cool?

It just means "air cooled" right?
Shivers
It means Air-Cooled. Kind of cool as bling goes
jim_hoyland
Still open ....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.