Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quest for the best (price)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shivers
I see at the usual places, steel flares are around $1300. plus shipping. In the last year my budget has gone from living to on life support. I think I better bite the bullet and get the flares now, before it gets any worse.

Does anyone know a source, or someone selling either a used set or a better price? The shipping is killing me. Thank You much.

Superhawk996
Restoration design listed at $1020 + shipping -- was $950 last time I checked if I recall correctly. The super nice thing about RD is that they use Galvaneal steel for corrosion resistance. That is a huge plus vs. a few dollars saved with someone else that might be using plain steel.

There is always fiberglass . . . sad.gif I have fiberglass flares on my car. Someday I'll change them to steel.
Chris914n6
All the flares are made by/for AutoAtlanta. Sometimes Pelican / Sierra / Etc has them cheaper with shipping as they are already on this side of the Country.
Shivers
Thank you Gentlemen. I went and checked RD as a last resort, before ordering fiberglass and with snail mail it was just under the wire. smile.gif Happy day
Montreal914
Maybe contact Sierra Madre, they have a 15% sale at the moment. Did you get a price from them?

You could drive and pick them up to save on shipping. I assume they bulk ship parts from Restoration design. confused24.gif
Shivers
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ May 5 2022, 07:57 PM) *

Maybe contact Sierra Madre, they have a 15% sale at the moment. Did you get a price from them?

You could drive and pick them up to save on shipping. I assume they bulk ship parts from Restoration design. confused24.gif

Thanks, yes I did check them. $1,515.76 at SM and was $1109.69 at RD and that is the shipping included in the price.
markhoward
I have a set of restoration design steel flares that I’m not going to use. Would do 1k shipped.
Shivers
QUOTE(markhoward @ May 5 2022, 08:50 PM) *

I have a set of restoration design steel flares that I’m not going to use. Would do 1k shipped.

Thank You! If I can cancel my order I will take them. I'll see what I can do tomorrow smile.gif

@markhoward
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.