Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlamp wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
Has anyone got a pic of the wire colours for the 3 pin plug that goes into the back of the headlamp unit , I have one light on high the other low, then when I put it on high they swap over which is high and low so one wire must be in the wrong hole, a pic of a plug for a 1970 car would be great
Thanks Brian
76-914
I've got my '76 torn down. Maybe they're the same. If looking at the back of the plug; white on the right side, brown on the left and yellow on top. beerchug.gif
barefoot
Here you go:

Click to view attachment
lierofox
If the wire colors at the headlamps look correct, the next spot I'd double check is the wires at the fuse panel and make sure those didn't get swapped around. The left and right high and low beams each get their own wire at the fuse panel, 4 total wires. Starting from the left side of the fuse panel, if you check the outgoing wires (the terminals facing the front of the vehicle) it should be 2 white wires (left and right high beams, respectively) followed by 2 yellow wires (left and right low beams, respectively.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.