Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 606 135 00 Pressure Sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Greetings,

Adding a beautiful triple gauge built by John Bell. The pressure part of the program uses sender 911 606 135 00 from an 84-89 911. I'm putting it in a 42 draft design block so that I can also use the stock idiot light sender as well.

Anyone know the threading? I'm hoping it's M10?

Also - what wiring connector? doesn't look like a threaded shaft and nut to me...thanks!

Click to view attachment
arbitrary
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 6 2022, 01:45 PM) *

Greetings,

Adding a beautiful triple gauge built by John Bell. The pressure part of the program uses sender 911 606 135 00 from an 84-89 911. I'm putting it in a 42 draft design block so that I can also use the stock idiot light sender as well.

Anyone know the threading? I'm hoping it's M10?

Also - what wiring connector? doesn't look like a threaded shaft and nut to me...thanks!

Click to view attachment

I think people have used a female bullet connector in lieu of the NLA factory parts.
FlacaProductions
Ahhh - yes. Good call.
Hoping it’s an M10?
914Sixer
Use any oil sender you want to use that will fit as long as it is the same BAR rating. Gauge does not care as long it matches the limits of the gauge scale.
Mark Henry
IIRC it seals with a copper gasket and isn't a taper thread, so try to fit a nut on it.
I think it's bigger than M10, this is for the adapter T block on the cam line (at the case) right?
Mark Henry
Post a pic of the gauge please. I have the triple face kit that I'd like to find the time to build.
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 6 2022, 04:43 PM) *

Use any oil sender you want to use that will fit as long as it is the same BAR rating. Gauge does not care as long it matches the limits of the gauge scale.

I’m currently running a VDO 360-001 and am getting 80psi on startup - NOT pegged. I can peg the gauge by disconnecting at sender.

Reading falls to 60ish after warm up but never really falls below that. Seems too high, no?

I’m assuming that 360-003 is same sender w/NPT threads.

Running that and the idiot light sender thru a 42 Draft Design block. Both of those in the m10 holes and the NPT is blocked off. May put a gauge on the NPT to see what I’m really getting there…
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 6 2022, 04:52 PM) *

Post a pic of the gauge please. I have the triple face kit that I'd like to find the time to build.

Here you go, @Mark Henry -
Guts are from a late, console temp gauge and an 84-89 911 pressure gauge.
Click to view attachment
arbitrary
A google search suggests the thread on 911 606 135 00 is M18.

360 001 is M10

360 003 is 1/8 NPT

They're all 5 bar sensors

60 psi at hot idle does seem high. Here's the value table for a 5 bar pressure sender - you can measure the resistance to ground at the sender to see if the sender is working correctly.

FlacaProductions
QUOTE(arbitrary @ May 7 2022, 01:29 PM) *

A google search suggests the thread on 911 606 135 00 is M18.

360 001 is M10

360 003 is 1/8 NPT

They're all 5 bar sensors

60 psi at hot idle does seem high. Here's the value table for a 5 bar pressure sender - you can measure the resistance to ground at the sender to see if the sender is working correctly.

Thanks for this @arbitrary - I’ll test the accuracy of the sender first. And thanks for the info on the 911 sender. I couldn’t find it - obviously. I appreciate the input.
Cairo94507
Nice looking gauge Brian - going to look good in your car. beerchug.gif
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 8 2022, 06:04 AM) *

Nice looking gauge Brian - going to look good in your car. beerchug.gif

It looks fantastic and the build quality is great - just need to sort out the senders.

The temp side is reading higher than actual, I believe - based on the dipstick gauge I have in that shows right at 200 every. single. time - but the triple is showing about 250. Wondering if I got the scale right? The temp guts are from a late console (small red scale) temp gauge.

Haven't verified the current temp sender as I took on this project AFTER I did an oil change so the taco plate check will have to wait until the next change and I'll concentrate on getting the pressure side working first.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 7 2022, 09:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 6 2022, 04:52 PM) *

Here you go, @Mark Henry -
Guts are from a late, console temp gauge and an 84-89 911 pressure gauge.
Click to view attachment

Nice thumb3d.gif

Do you have the chaps contact info and could you send it to me via a PM?
I'd like to see if he'll sell the reoriented temp and pressure scale plates separately.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.