Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone tried to use this replacement fresh air blower motor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrmdir
While my gas tank is out again I decided it was time to tackle the dreaded fresh air unit project. I found that like many others, the blower motor is toast. Looks like I can find a used assy but ran across this ad. It looks like a copy of a Bosch unit that also claims to be for the 914.

Anybody go this route? https://www.ebay.com/itm/353949305554?fits=...%3ABFBM0NLYrZNg

Here's the Bosch ad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/111780297767?fits=...TQAAOSw7E1ht7JI

Thanks,

Ron
jsaum
I considered buying just the motor but decided to buy one on partsgeek that has the frame and fan all together. I took the old one apart from the frame and the clips that hold it in place are not fun to try and get back on. I also didn’t want to mess with switching over the plastic fan. I haven’t installed it so I can’t report on how it works.
jsaum
Here’s a few pictures of the fan unit. It’s a URO, 914 rubber gaskets for the motor housing and flapper valves. I used gold VHT wheel paint for the metal hardware.
yellowporky
i bought the bosch motor when i rebuilt my air box. I would prefer to have found an option that did not require heating up the plastic fan to remove it from the shaft and then heating it to slide it on the new motor. It worked but it seemed like high chance of messing it up.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jsaum @ May 7 2022, 04:15 PM) *

Here’s a few pictures of the fan unit. It’s a URO, 914 rubber gaskets for the motor housing and flapper valves. I used gold VHT wheel paint for the metal hardware.

do what he did dont just buy the motor, buy the URO unit with fan and motor already together and balanced too. we did this too, so far so good, better than new.

Phil

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.