Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancona Blue/white '76 selling on BAT today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrmdir
(If this has been mentioned before please ignore)

Seems to me that the bidding is lagging on this one. Any thoughts other than carbs?

Or maybe it will ramp a lot up in the next 6 hours. Pretty rare combination.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1976-pors...aign=2022-05-07

Ron
Jett
Nice car and well represented. The pics of the hell hole and rear trunk are clear that there are issues, and assume that the rear floor pan by firewall is also in need of repair.

I think it is a $20k car… but just guessing smile.gif
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Jett @ May 7 2022, 08:45 AM) *

Nice car and well represented. The pics of the hell hole and rear trunk are clear that there are issues, and assume that the rear floor pan by firewall is also in need of repair.

I think it is a $20k car… but just guessing smile.gif

'76 with carbs kind of leaves out California as a possible destination.
Lockwodo
QUOTE(jrmdir @ May 7 2022, 07:38 AM) *

Seems to me that the bidding is lagging on this one. Any thoughts other than carbs?

Ron

Rust (including the rust we can't see), generally scruffy appearance/not well maintained, missing equipment, might be a problem registering in in CA. Might end up below $20K. we'll see.
Jett
QUOTE(Lockwodo @ May 7 2022, 09:17 AM) *

Ron

Rust (including the rust we can't see), generally scruffy appearance/not well maintained, missing equipment, might be a problem registering in in CA. Might end up below $20K. we'll see.

Spot on!
wonkipop
that looked like it was a reasonably good buy in these times for whoever grabbed it.

from last week of production going off k number.
Cairo94507
I think that was a good buy for non-CA buyers. Great color and it seems in pretty good condition overall.
bradburm
Hey guys - I bought the 76, my first Porsche to restore - I have restored two Mopars - 73 Challenger Rallye and a 70 Roadrunner so this is uncharted territory. I do have a Panamera 4s so a big fan and have always wanted to take one of these on.

Couple of questions - is there a good source of how to's as well as metal distributors - with my Mopars - AMD - Automotive Metal Direct made some really good metal replacement panels - trunk pan, etc

You can trust that this will get back to showroom condition - Besides going through the engine, I am going to rip out the inetrior and redo so will get a good idea of floor pans at that point also. I did secure the original fuel injection and tranny - they are coming with the car.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Best

BB
tygaboy
welcome.png

Panels and other goodies = Restoration Design out of Canada.
https://www.restoration-design.com/store/category/914
Great products, even better people. Buy with confidence.

For the "How To", search on the forum. If it's part of a 914, it's been done and documented here. Ask questions, there are no stupid ones... Well, OK there are. But none related to 914s! laugh.gif

And post pics. Lots of pics. We LOVE pics.

Again, welcome! Enjoy the ride, you're gonna love it.
Jett
QUOTE(bradburm @ May 8 2022, 01:25 PM) *

Hey guys - I bought the 76, my first Porsche to restore - I have restored two Mopars - 73 Challenger Rallye and a 70 Roadrunner so this is uncharted territory. I do have a Panamera 4s so a big fan and have always wanted to take one of these on.

Couple of questions - is there a good source of how to's as well as metal distributors - with my Mopars - AMD - Automotive Metal Direct made some really good metal replacement panels - trunk pan, etc

You can trust that this will get back to showroom condition - Besides going through the engine, I am going to rip out the inetrior and redo so will get a good idea of floor pans at that point also. I did secure the original fuel injection and tranny - they are coming with the car.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Best

BB

For How To this site is full of information and is easily accessible via the search function.

Because it is in WA state and the work to repair is nuanced, perhaps reach out to Rich ( @914Werke ) to have the hell hole repaired before it ships to you. That said, Rich is super busy smile.gif

For parts..
https://www.restoration-design.com/store/category/914
https://www.914Rubber.com
http://www.autoatlanta.com
https://www.pelicanparts.com/
https://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog.html
https://www.elephantracing.com/

If the FI is going on then that is also going to be a journey. Redmond European is owned by a very knowledgeable 914 mechanic that has three of our 914’s (73 1.7, 73 2.0, and 75 2.0) running flawlessly… again a busy fellow but if you want it done right it is worth the time there.
SirAndy
I am going to rip out the inetrior and redo

@bradburm
Just FYI, the white vinyl is from the factory and quite rare.

It looks awesome with the blue metallic ...
bye1.gif
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 8 2022, 02:57 PM) *

@bradburm

bye1.gif

Keep the interior, replace the little pea-shooter carbs.
SavingManuals
welcome.png

Great people here. I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to pose a question that someone here couldn't answer, often with helpful context attached. I personally don't have that level of knowledge, but there is always someone willing to help out!

beerchug.gif

Jeff
Tdskip
Welcome and please do keep us posted.
ValcoOscar

Welcome to the madness!!!!

914world is your source for information and support.

Keep us updated

Warning: this is an addiction beerchug.gif

welcome.png

Oscar
jhynesrockmtn
It looks like you got a good car. As others have said, take care of that interior. The car is a rare combo of colors and very late production. Nice that you were able to get the original bits. Best of luck!
double-a

@bradburm

bye1.gif

do we know how many cars were produced with the white vinyl? i've only ever seen one in my life.
SirAndy
QUOTE(double-a @ May 9 2022, 09:25 AM) *

@bradburm

bye1.gif

do we know how many cars were produced with the white vinyl? i've only ever seen one in my life.

Not sure anyone knows. I've seen maybe 5 of them in the last 20 years and they all were '75/'76 with metallic paint.
idea.gif
mmichalik
George Hussey may know. From what he has told me, it was a color combo specific to those two years.
I have one, a '75. Original to the car, both exterior and interior colors. I had the interior redone by Auto's International in Escondido, CA.
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the blue wheels, filthy interior and carbs killed it

Ron

Big Len
I thought you got a pretty good deal. Best of luck with it.
NARP74
The buyer is probably happy...
Jett
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 9 2022, 01:29 PM) *

the blue wheels, filthy interior and carbs killed it

Ron

Agreed… I bet the interior would clean up well.
wonkipop
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 9 2022, 11:28 AM) *

QUOTE(double-a @ May 9 2022, 09:25 AM) *

@bradburm

bye1.gif

Not sure anyone knows. I've seen maybe 5 of them in the last 20 years and they all were '75/'76 with metallic paint.
idea.gif

i can remember one that used to live in the apartment building across the road from me in chicago back in the late 80s. was a big bumper with white interior and metallic green paint with drop out side graphics.
Literati914
I have a set of original white seats sitting in storage.. picked them up as a set to strip and re-do (‘cause one of my project cars came to me with no interior), I was gonna change them to black and may still do that, but I have to admit to really liking the white after seeing them in person.

bradburm
Click to view attachment

I will send pics when I get back up to my shop in Okla. - but attached a pic of my very first resto - 73 Dodge Challenger Rallye, 340 - Auto, numbers matching, engine/tranny

Update

Interior is pulled, Engine bay and car is now cleaned up, radio works - pulled the Antenna out of the antenna hole, surface rust being handled, no rust holes yet.

Questions
  1. Radio is not original and a POS - suggestions
  2. Sound/Heat deadener - anyone use it - recommendations?
  3. Sway Bar - none on car - should i install one?

I have the original fuel Injection, i need to go through it but will change when i am done with everything else. the wheels are an easy fix - those will be done when I'm close to being finished
Menmojo
Click to view attachment

I have a 75 that originally came with white interior. When I bought the car the interior was shot. I sourced all the parts to redo it from 914 rubber (Mikey914 here).
I think it turned out great an get a lot of compliments on the color combo. It's very 70's.
bradburm
Update,

I have stripped the 914 down and have the interior ready to take to upholstery shop.

@mmichalik - do you happen to remember the vinyl code/color etc. for your interior?

I have two questions that should be simple,

The kick board you see in the one pic on the passenger side - is this s a stock piece?

The engine bay release - anything special I should know when I disconnect it, wanting to make sure I don't create problems when reconnecting

Click to view attachment
bradburm
QUOTE(bradburm @ Sep 29 2022, 09:34 AM) *

Update,

I have stripped the 914 down and have the interior ready to take to upholstery shop.

@mmichalik - do you happen to remember the vinyl code/color etc. for your interior?

I have two questions that should be simple,

The kick board you see in the one pic on the passenger side - is this s a stock piece?

The engine bay release - anything special I should know when I disconnect it, wanting to make sure I don't create problems when reconnecting

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bradburm
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(bradburm @ Sep 29 2022, 07:34 AM) *

Yes, the foam piece is original.
For '75/'76 cars, there should be a box in the cutout which connects to your speedo cable.

It's a fake "EGR" of sorts ...
popcorn[1].gif
mmichalik
Unfortunately, I do not. I took the original seats that still had some badly beaten up upholstery on them to Auto's International in Escondido, CA and said "here, make these look new again"
To be honest, since they specialize in Porsche, I know that they used a Porsche color but it's not as white as the original material was. It might have been something closer to a 356 or 911 color. Not 100% sure on that but it's a little more ivory in color than other pictures I have seen. Could be that in 45 years, it will sun bleach out perfectly white again though. smile.gif I will continue to look through my receipts and see if i can find anything.
@Mikey914 might be able to help you. I know that he's helped others with the white interiors.
Mikey914
Yep. Pretty sure I have a set in inventory as well as the back pad. I can confirm tomorrow.
krazykonrad
welcome.png Welcome aboard!
Mikey914
My Alaska Blue and white.
Car when I bought it was red and black. Had a scuff around the window crank. Went to clean it and found the white. Same with the seats.

Had to do the seats and backpad, but it's sharp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.