Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: LSD for 915
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
stownsen914
Would like to find an LSD for a 915. Would love to find a Guard LSD.

It's for a later mag 915, the Guard model that fit is "915" ideally. The "930" Guard LSD would also work.

Let me know if you have one you'd like to sell. Thanks!
colingreene
what are you using the car for? street or track?
stownsen914
Track only application
colingreene
Another option would be a OS Giken differential.

Other than that I carry wavetrac but they are backordered till July
CCE
What will happen to a car with a LSD on the street?

If I install an LSD to my weekend car, will it have an effect on regular roads?

It’s a bit attractive to have a limited slip differential, for me.

The car is basically a weekend hiway cruiser and a track day toy.

Click to view attachment
brant
It changes the handling at the limits of traction
Totally unnecessary on the street
stownsen914
Also worth noting that LSD aren’t much of an improvement on a lower hp car. They essentially keep the inside rear tire from spinning in low adhesion situations. Mud and ice are two roadgoing situations where LSD helps. When you're in a turn and the inside rear takes all of the power (when you have an open diff), a higher hp car can start spinning or chirping the inside tire, especially when pushing it and the inside is unloaded. Not much of an issue for a stockish 914 in most cases.

Edit - just noticed you mention doing trackdays. Still limited benefit for a lower hp car. Do you experience inside rear wheel/tire slippage on track?
burton73
Well I do have this for sale: $10,000 OBO
I have a fresh fully rebuilt By GBox https://www.gboxweb.com/index.html done for ArmyDude many years ago. flipped ring and set up with oiling and external oil pump fresh except that it has been setting in my temp controlled west coast shop for 10 years.

Set up with hydraulic clutch. Bracket from 930 Turbo. I have KEP adapter for SBC and clutch and throw-out bearing.

930 Turbo 1977
4-speed fully-synchronized transaxle
Manufactured by Porsche (ZF)
Short bell housing
Plate-type limited-slip differential
Rod shift
Single-plate clutch
Gear ratios:
1st gear: 2.25
2nd gear: 1.304
3rd gear: 0.893
4th gear: 0.656
Ring and pinion: 4.22

I had an idea if someone wanted to match this up with your 930 Eng. you have for sale it may be a nice fit for a 914-6 real turbo Carrera trans and Eng.

I also have the fresh trailing arms with Elephant Polly bronzes reinforced by PMB with their tube reinforcement and early 911 parking brake, 930 fresh stub axles and fresh 930 CV joints.
Speedo drive with 911 Speedo. I also have fresh Boxster calipers by Rich Johnston. Done 10 years ago setting in box. You just need some custom Swingaway Axles and Cable Shifter set up

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=836
037]Click to view attachment
slammin
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ May 7 2022, 10:39 PM) *

Would like to find an LSD for a 915. Would love to find a Guard LSD.

It's for a later mag 915, the Guard model that fit is "915" ideally. The "930" Guard LSD would also work.

Let me know if you have one you'd like to sell. Thanks!

Check out Joe at cogs cogs phone number 706-865-5200 wave track Limited slip diff 1295 .00. new . coarse or fine spine available lifetime guarantee. Slammin out
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.