Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1973 2.0 Litre - Reduced to $60k
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Clubsport32
History:

This 1973 Porsche 914 was first delivered to Niello Porsche-Audi in Sacramento California and it was acquired by the seller in 2019 and subsequently underwent a full refurbishment.

The car is believed to have had 3 previous owners and shows an indicated 24,000miles. (actual mileage unsure)
Work included repainting the body in its original Phoenix Red, and it is powered by its original fuel-injected 2.0-liter flat-four paired with its matching number five-speed manual transaxle.
Equipment includes a removable roof panel, 15″ alloy wheels, fog lights, and a Blaupunkt Frankfurt FM/AM radio.
What makes this 914 special, is that the previous owner had collected the largest collection of original NOS 914 parts and they have been put onto this vehicle during its rebuild. Cost in parts is estimated at over £40,000.
This 914 is now offered for sale, with original window sticker, tool kit, manufacturer’s literature, records for refurbishment, a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, and a UK registered V5C.

Restoration:
The car was disassembled and stripped back to bare metal, the respray included the front and rear luggage compartments, door jams and the engine bay. Due its rust-free condition the original factory underseal was not removed from the cabin area. No rust or accident damage was observed during the repaint.
Chroma Concepts was chosen to repaint the car, due to the owner’s relationship and work done on various McLaren Ultimate cars.

The car completed its reassemble during March 2022 and was delivered to Greatworth Classics in the UK for suspension set-up and engine tune. The car was completed and has now been driven over 100 miles.
Its first major show was at the beginning of May, where it entered into the prestigious Stanford Hall Concours event. It competed against a multi winning 914 (Kevin Clarkes 1974 Ravenna Green 2.0), the car scored 139/140 and won first prize.

Although the car is located in the UK, the seller will pay for shipment costs (excl Insurance & taxes)

This is a brand new 914 2.0Litre that has been painstakingly restored with what must have been the largest selection of NOS parts outside of the factory / Automobile Atlanta.
It has won the prestigious concours event in the UK, sadly due to a pending divorce the car is now privately for sale.
Happy to answer any questions on the car and thanks for looking.

Over 380 pictures shown here:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0r5GH8MqJ0mycv

Options: Appearance Group, AirCon, Forged Wheels, Tinted Glass, Centre Storage
Matching Numbers (Engine, Transmission & Body)
Original CA Car (Sacramento)- Niello Porsche Audi
Owners Manual, Tool Kit, Spare Keys & Car Cover
6 Binders of History
Porsche Certificate of Authenticity and Original Window Sticker
Bare Metal Respray by McLaren Approved Paint & Bodyshop
Rebuilt Engine & Gearbox
Functioning original VPC air conditioning
V5C (UK registered)
Restored to Show condition with the largest selection of Genuine NOS parts
Winner (139/140points) at StanFord Hall, VW & Porsche Concours Event – May 2022
Drives like a new 914
More pictures here: Porsche 914 1973
$60k
930cabman
"Clean low mileage cars"

will always bring home the $$

Great example too bad she has to go, the 914

GLWS
JeffBowlsby
Seller, you have done a superb job recreating the factory labels. I am especially intrigued by the windshield clear emissions label. Can you share your source for this label?
Clubsport32
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ May 11 2022, 10:07 PM) *

Seller, you have done a superb job recreating the factory labels. I am especially intrigued by the windshield clear emissions label. Can you share your source for this label?

Hi Jeff - I used a company in Poland called car-bone. Very helpful and they managed to match everything perfectly, including the sticker being in 9 pieces. Cheers Andy
Jett
QUOTE(Clubsport32 @ May 11 2022, 10:42 PM) *

Hi Jeff - I used a company in Poland called car-bone. Very helpful and they managed to match everything perfectly, including the sticker being in 9 pieces. Cheers Andy

@Clubsport32

Love the car and understand the commitment (and OCD) required to restore to that level!

Just took a long look at the pictures and like Jeff, would love a connection to the folks at car-bone to obtain a set of the stickers you ordered, they are GREAT and much needed smile.gif

I did notice that you are missing a few very minor plastic caps and period correct coil. I would be happy to ship these parts to you for the cost of shipping, so please PM me. Will look more closely tonight to see if there is anything else to learn from… never knew the window sticker existed smile.gif thanks for that!

Cheers!
DC_neun_vierzehn
@Clubsport32 that is a gorgeous 914. Beautifully restored.

The only things that stood out to me as being incorrect were the headlight surrounds (they should be black on a '73 if I'm not mistaken) and the doorsill scratch plates should be silver on a '73 (if I'm not mistaken). Minor details. Easy, inexpensive corrections.

So tempting to buy. Kudos. Sorry to hear the seller is selling out on necessity not desire.
Jett
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ May 16 2022, 07:27 PM) *

The only things that stood out to me as being incorrect were the headlight surrounds (they should be black on a '73 if I'm not mistaken) and the doorsill scratch plates should be silver on a '73 (if I'm not mistaken). Minor details. Easy, inexpensive corrections.

So tempting to buy. Kudos. Sorry to hear the seller is selling out on necessity not desire.

Our early 73 has white headlight surrounds and silver plates as you mention, but our late 73 has black headlight surrounds and black door plates.

Here is a great thread that documents an original early 73. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=256832
Clubsport32
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ May 16 2022, 08:27 PM) *

Many thanks for the kind words. Black sill plate covers came in on chassis 4732918919 and the car had white surrounds from new. I believe black came in later, but as you say not a massive change.

Thanks again

Andy
Clubsport32
Hi All

I intend to put it on PCAR Marketplace soon, with a lowered reserve.

Happy to consider sensible offers on this.

(Car was recently shown at Classics at the Clubhouse in the UK).

Andy

914Next
Wow....I'm a big fan of survivors and normally not one to get too excited about restored cars but this car is impressive! The number of NOS parts and bits is astounding. And the car seems to have been documented and done exceedingly well! In my view well worth the asking price. I actually feel it might do more than that on BAT.

Is that a sticker or hang tag (the Porsche motor oil one) in the engine compartment. I have an all original '73 2.0 and have never seen that.

Also don't recall seeing the orange cable strap hanging off the brain. Did yours have it?

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the sale.

Oh....and my '73 also has original black sill plates and white headlight surrounds.
914Next
QUOTE(Clubsport32 @ May 12 2022, 01:42 AM) *

Was that sticker originally produced in 9 pieces?!? And if so, does anyone know why? Love learning these details about our cars.
JeffBowlsby
It was one piece, with slits. Thinking it was a security device much like the circle cuts on the safety compliance label at the door jamb.
Clubsport32
QUOTE(914Next @ Jun 22 2022, 06:51 AM) *

Wow....I'm a big fan of survivors and normally not one to get too excited about restored cars but this car is impressive! The number of NOS parts and bits is astounding. And the car seems to have been documented and done exceedingly well! In my view well worth the asking price. I actually feel it might do more than that on BAT.

Is that a sticker or hang tag (the Porsche motor oil one) in the engine compartment. I have an all original '73 2.0 and have never seen that.

Also don't recall seeing the orange cable strap hanging off the brain. Did yours have it?

Oh....and my '73 also has original black sill plates and white headlight surrounds.

Many thanks for the kind words. I did study your car and your posts when I was putting the car back together. Thankyou..

Sadly BAT we’re not interested in advertising the car for me.

The oil tag was something I added, but I now have a copy of the door jam sticker that I will use to show the “next oil change”. If you would be so kind please send me details of the orange cable strap - I must have missed that..

Thanks again all. It really is a great car. Drives so well - just sad I need to sell it.
914Next
QUOTE(Clubsport32 @ Jun 23 2022, 12:22 AM) *

Many thanks for the kind words. I did study your car and your posts when I was putting the car back together. Thankyou..

The oil tag was something I added, but I now have a copy of the door jam sticker that I will use to show the “next oil change”. If you would be so kind please send me details of the orange cable strap - I must have missed that..

Thanks again all. It really is a great car. Drives so well - just sad I need to sell it.

I’m very surprised that BAT would decline to list your car. They can be odd at times in their selection but I would have definitely expected they would take it. Maybe didn’t like your reserve? Ah well…it will sell well. Here is a pic of the strap. I vaguely recall that these are actually still available through Porsche as they were used on other cars also.

Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
914rubber has that strap as well:
https://914rubber.com/accelerator-cable-sus...for-porsche-914
Clubsport32
QUOTE(914Next @ Jun 23 2022, 08:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Clubsport32 @ Jun 23 2022, 12:22 AM) *

I’m very surprised that BAT would decline to list your car. They can be odd at times in their selection but I would have definitely expected they would take it. Maybe didn’t like your reserve? Ah well…it will sell well. Here is a pic of the strap. I vaguely recall that these are actually still available through Porsche as they were used on other cars also.

Click to view attachment

Great. I will order one.

BTW what’s the sticker on top of the battery cover? Could you send me a picture of that when you get an opportunity. Thanks

Andy
914Next
Here ya go….

Click to view attachment
Cal
The Battery decal is available in the UK from impactdecals.co.uk

https://www.impactdecals.co.uk/collections/...y-warning-decal

MCShack
WoW! What a car, my brand new '73 did not look that good on the dealership showroom floor! Mine had no aftermarket extras like A/C although I did add a ski rack later. Mine was built a little before yours in early 1973. It had white headlight surrounds and silver (aluminum) door sills rather than the black plastic ones that came a little later and on all 74-76 MY cars. I think your car started production as the 16th car to start through the line on Friday, April 20, 1973 at Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, West Germany.

Not to nit-pik because this car is a work of art with unmatched beauty, but it looks as if they took 10 points because the car was brought by trailer to the event rather than driven (BS but I get their point), and the final score was 129/140, and not that I would care either. I remember watching judging at Porsche and Corvette shows, what a difference, unless something has changed, the Corvette judges were real a-holes and full of themselves. They would knock off pts for a speck of dust that blew on the car from their shoes, lol. I am surprised that they did not dock you for a couple of other things, like the ski rack for example, and a couple of other things that I won't mention.

Great car, wish I had an extra $70k laying around, but I'm probably more than $10k short on this one, LOL. Thanks for sharing your pictures and I have known other people who have bought stickers, VIN plates and other items from CarBone https://www.carbone.pl/ and were very happy with their products. Cheers!
jagalyn
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jun 22 2022, 07:29 AM) *

It was one piece, with slits. Thinking it was a security device much like the circle cuts on the safety compliance label at the door jamb.

@JeffBowlsby
This is my original sticker on my silver 914 2.0 survivor for comparison.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Clubsport32
Price reduced to $60k..this car has to go!

Contact me on clubsport32@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers. Andy
914Next
QUOTE(Clubsport32 @ Jul 9 2022, 06:26 AM) *

Price reduced to $60k..this car has to go!

Contact me on clubsport32@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers. Andy

I don’t understand the lack of activity or interest in this beautiful car. Worth every bit of $60k.
JeffBowlsby
Not the time to be selling.
914Next
[quote name='JeffBowlsby' date='Jul 13 2022, 10:57 AM' post='3014968']
Not the time to be selling.
[/quote

Yeah I get it but even in an dicey economic environment there are always a few good buyers out there when a really solid car shows up and are willing to pull the trigger & wait for the turn-around. Maybe this car goes from a $65k car to a $50k car in that environment but there should be a buyer that sees that opportunity. European purchase could be a bit if an issue for h American buyers, I guess.
Clubsport32
https://www.okanelavers.com/1973-porsche-914-for-sale
Clubsport32

All

Before the lawyers get their hands on it… make me an offer please..

With the current strength of $ to the £ - you might be able to bag a bargain…

Thanks

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.