Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCV woes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sea Rooster
I have some questions regarding the PCV on a 73 2.0 / Djet. Here is some background:

I'm currently using the PCV solution which is posted on this site:

Click to view attachment

Ultimately I want to install an original PCV which I have in my possession:

Click to view attachment

The part where the Oil Inlet and the PCV go attached to looks different than pictures I've seen and the valve doesn't fit. It's too large and the "box" has a tube shaped portion where the PCV should go.

Click to view attachment

Do I have the right piece? If I do how is the PCV attached?
mgphoto
The valve fits in from the bottom, the white ring holds it in place, there is an o ring the fits around the valve.
Fit the o ring to the valve, push the valve up through the hole fasten with the white ring.
Sea Rooster
QUOTE(mgphoto @ May 9 2022, 04:25 PM) *

The valve fits in from the bottom, the white ring holds it in place, there is an o ring the fits around the valve.
Fit the o ring to the valve, push the valve up through the hole fasten with the white ring.

OK, but the piece that the PCV valve goes into from the bottom has a metal piece that extends upwards. The stem of my PCV valve is to short. See picture.

Click to view attachment

I'm wondering if this is the right oil breather piece for this car.
sportlicherFahrer
You have a late(75-76) oil fill tower pictured. Those years eliminated the head breathers and PCV in favor of a single breather on the oil fill. To go back to an original early PCV you will need the early oil fill tower that is flush on the outer surface.
Sea Rooster
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ May 9 2022, 05:26 PM) *

You have a late(75-76) oil fill tower pictured. Those years eliminated the head breathers and PCV in favor of a single breather on the oil fill. To go back to an original early PCV you will need the early oil fill tower that is flush on the outer surface.

Outstanding!

Thanks for the info!

Here's a comparison to validate what you said!

Click to view attachment
Lockwodo
Sea Rooster, curious why you're going back to the original PCV valve?
Sea Rooster
QUOTE(Lockwodo @ May 9 2022, 09:23 PM) *

Sea Rooster, curious why you're going back to the original PCV valve?

I want the car to be as original as possible. I can always fallback to the PCV solution if need be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.