Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Engine Tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Eric_Ciampa
Looking for engine tin for a new engine rebuild. Heads will be 2.0. I have some pieces but they are in rough condition. Interested either in a complete set or individual pieces. PM me if you have something.
drem914
QUOTE(Eric_Ciampa @ May 10 2022, 01:31 PM) *

Looking for engine tin for a new engine rebuild. Heads will be 2.0. I have some pieces but they are in rough condition. Interested either in a complete set or individual pieces. PM me if you have something.

Check out the new Carbon Fiber "tins" from LN Engineering. Set up and molded from tins prepped by Jake Raby. Don't know if they are showing up on their website yet, if not, it should be any day now.
mtndawg
PM sent. I have some pieces and I’m in the Sac area.
914werke
QUOTE(drem914 @ May 10 2022, 04:17 PM) *
Check out the new Carbon Fiber "tins" from LN Engineering. Set up and molded from tins prepped by Jake Raby. Don't know if they are showing up on their website yet, if not, it should be any day now.
lol-2.gif
drem914
QUOTE(914werke @ May 10 2022, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ May 10 2022, 04:17 PM) *
lol-2.gif

I must have missed an inside joke. confused24.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
nditiz1
It looks gorgeous...BUT as stated on FaceBook $1500 will not get it home. Hopefully under 2k?

930cabman
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ May 11 2022, 11:13 AM) *

It looks gorgeous...BUT as stated on FaceBook $1500 will not get it home. Hopefully under 2k?

I'm not sure about anyone else, but personally I am FAR to cheap to ever justify $2.k or more for engine tin. Can't imagine customers are lining up at their door?
nditiz1
Completely agree
914werke
IMO a solution looking for a problem, or simply a vanity thing.
rhodyguy
More than likely cheaper to make a mold and pull parts from it than the machine work to produce stampings from metal and passing that ultimate cost to the customer. The mockery is....fill in the blank.
Eric_Ciampa
Yep, I saw Jake post his development progress on those CF tins. Looks great. Glad someone is doing it. Beautiful, pricey, and still under development. 2-3K estimate I think I heard. Can't justify that for my build.

BTW-Still looking for 2.0 top tins if anyone has one to sell.
Highland
QUOTE(Eric_Ciampa @ May 14 2022, 09:42 PM) *

Yep, I saw Jake post his development progress on those CF tins. Looks great. Glad someone is doing it. Beautiful, pricey, and still under development. 2-3K estimate I think I heard. Can't justify that for my build.

BTW-Still looking for 2.0 top tins if anyone has one to sell.

I have some 1.7 top tins that I started to weld up. Still needs some "touch-up" and no holes have been drilled for the 2.0 plugs yet. I can e-mail you pictures if you're interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.