Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to inspect the suspension console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanpaulmc
Greetings -

Has anyone outlined a procedure for inspection of the suspension console – Passenger side?

If you’ve seen any of my other posts, then you’ll know my teener is not short on rust repair needs. I have little history of the car and only drove it a few miles before determining the rust was bad enough driving it did not warrant my risk. I am working my way through the metal repairs. I understand one of the failures that tends to come with a lot of passenger side hell hole rust is the failed suspension console. I am looking for a method on how to test / inspect it while I have the drivetrain out and the car on jack stands.

As always, I appreciate your help and support!

Sean
914werke
Take a pick, screwdriver, whatever & start stabbing.
Your looking for soft metal.
r_towle
It starts with a beer
Typically three beers is perfect for rust inspection
Using a rustometer, which is similar in shape to an ice pick or a screw driver, poke at the area to get inspected.
Once you think the rustometer has detected rust, your 4th beer may be in order .
It is also advised to do your inspection with close friends that can help you cope with your findings.
porschetub
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 11 2022, 02:56 PM) *

It starts with a beer
Typically three beers is perfect for rust inspection
Using a rustometer, which is similar in shape to an ice pick or a screw driver, poke at the area to get inspected.
Once you think the rustometer has detected rust, your 4th beer may be in order .
It is also advised to do your inspection with close friends that can help you cope with your findings.

So true headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.