Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door buzzer!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyH
Good afternoon everyone,

I have an ex-California 1.8, 914. I am really pleased with her, but one real pain is that buzzer making that terrible noise every time you open the driver's door.

It appears to come from the relay under the passenger seat.

Anyone have any idea how to simply disable the thing please?
CoronaMike
QUOTE(TonyH @ May 12 2022, 04:35 AM) *

Good afternoon everyone,

I have an ex-California 1.8, 914. I am really pleased with her, but one real pain is that buzzer making that terrible noise every time you open the driver's door.

It appears to come from the relay under the passenger seat.

Anyone have any idea how to simply disable the thing please?

Sometimes I plug mine back in just to remember the 70s for a while.... BUT...

I just unplugged the white connector going to the relay.
Dave_Darling
In a 74, the buzzer will be under the passenger's seat. I assume also on a 75, but I haven't looked myself.

Once you slide the passenger seat forward off the seat rails, it's easy to find the buzzer. Unplug it and you're done.

--DD
Van B
It shouldn't come on when you open the door unless your ignition lock is pushed in. Mine was hanging up so I just kept at it with little hits of WD-40 and working on it with the key until the detent started letting the lock pop back to flush.
Root_Werks
OMGosh, totally forgot 914's had buzzers!

Everything under the seat on my 914 is long been removed. Would be cool to hear that 70's buzzer once in a while.
Dave_Darling
I dunno about "cool". The one in my car was really pathetic-sounding, and not consistent. I think the buzzer part had not aged very well. It got to be pretty annoying, especially when on grid at an autoX.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.