Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody Here Buy the '74 Ravenna Green Car out of Hesperia, CA this week?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FRUNKenstein
So, I was very intrigued by a car listed on the Inland Empire Craigslist last week. It sold this week, and was wondering if anyone here bought it.

As with any old car, it had pluses and minuses. The biggest plus was the color - L65K Ravenna Green. Although I am very happy with my Bahia Red car, I really want a Ravenna Green one someday. It had also been "in the family" since 1985. Seemed to be relatively rust free. Long list of work done, including rebuilt engine and transmission, and lots of new parts.

As promising as that sounds, there were some significant concerns that I had.

Lastly, the pricing model: it was listed as "$12,500 or more - highest and best offer." So, basically an auction without knowing what you're bidding against.

I reached out to the seller via Craigslist email, but just got back a form email saying they had an interested party coming to see the car, followed by another form email saying it was sold. So, apparently, it generated enough interest that they didn't bother with individual replies.

So, anybody here the new owner? Would be interesting to hear "the rest of the story."

Here are some pics from the advertisement:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914_teener
Two things:

1. It's Craigslist so maybe it's for real or maybe not.

2. That nieghborhood in the pictures does not look like Hesperia.

You proabably lucked out by not giving the "seller" any money.

Maltese Falcon
Wonder if JSC is the same vw aftermarket Co. = Johnnie's Speed + Chrome ¿¿
idea.gif
siverson
I tried, but no luck...
PatMc
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 12 2022, 03:19 PM) *

Two things:

Good Catch....I was looking at it but don't have the patience for the seller's pricing strategy...
FRUNKenstein
QUOTE(PatMc @ May 13 2022, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ May 12 2022, 03:19 PM) *

Two things:

Good Catch....I was looking at it but don't have the patience for the seller's pricing strategy...

The ad said the car was currently in Norco, but was being moved to Hesperia. But I have no idea what the landscape in either of those locales looks like.

And 100% agree that the pricing strategy was annoying. If you want a bidding war, then list it on Bringatrailer or Pcarmarket or at least eBay.
FRUNKenstein
QUOTE(siverson @ May 13 2022, 06:39 PM) *

I tried, but no luck...

Did you get any info other than what was in the ad? Even though it could have been as rust free as represented, no pics of the hellhole or longs made me squeamish about buying it without a PPI since I’m 2,000 miles away.
Krieger
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 13 2022, 04:14 PM) *

Wonder if JSC is the same vw aftermarket Co. = Johnnie's Speed + Chrome ¿¿
idea.gif

I was wondering the same thing!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.