Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *SOLD* Ultimate 4 lug vented brake set up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
eric9144
OK, letting go of my stash of total unicorn brake parts that will keep your 914 looking stock but with all the advantages of what a 5 lug brake conversion brings to the table...but keeping it a sleeper.

Not breaking up this set up, really want to see someone pull off the whole thing because it was so hard to get all these parts collected...Got a raby engine or something else fast as heck but want to keep the 914 looking stock? This is the ticket.

This set up goes onto stock front spindles and is as close to bolt on as it gets--only modification is redrilling the rear rotors for 4 bolt.

2 Sets of "Club Hubs" the billet 4 bolt rotor hat that allows a vented 911 disk to bolt right on--yes you get a spare set.
2 Sets of new front rotors, one sport (cross drilled) and one stock
1 Set of new rear rotors, will need to be drilled to 4 bolt patern by machine shop.
1 Set of Alloy Brembo front calipers fully loaded with pads
1 Set of real 914/6 GT (vented) rear calipers
New bearings/races in the club hubs
Set of speed bleeders
Set of new braided lines for all 4

All brake work/resto was done by PMB...was going to do the ultimate sleeper 914 that looked stock but was a beast underneath, now it's your chance.

Asking $3500 firm + Shipping --due to weight obviously would prefer local pickup but will ship if needed.

*Not breaking up any of this set up unless the whole "kit" doesn't sell, then will re-list a la carte*

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
eric9144
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
garrettlee2
Does anyone just sell the hubs? I’ve been looking for those for a while
garrettlee2
If you decide to brake this up please let me know what you would like for the fronts
GregAmy
Must...resist...PM link of death...
eric9144
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ May 15 2022, 09:22 PM) *

Does anyone just sell the hubs? I’ve been looking for those for a while
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ May 15 2022, 09:26 PM) *

If you decide to brake this up please let me know what you would like for the fronts

They're rare as heck these days, haven't seen a set for sale in years. Knowing how rare they are, I have two sets as I wanted a spare set "just in case"
914werke
I had a set of those. Didnt have the brembos though. smile.gif
eric9144
icon_bump.gif
Get the package before I break it up beer3.gif
double-a
those brembos are nice! they're from an Alfa GTV6 if i recall. i got a set from PMB about 15 years ago and they're killer when paired with the vented discs.
deemsriddle
The rear discs have 5 lug pattern., presumably 130mm.
Montreal914
Are the rear calipers Ate /6 or replica /6?
JoeD
PM sent
MM1
QUOTE(GregAmy @ May 16 2022, 08:13 AM) *

Must...resist...PM link of death...

Haha - “ can’t . . .get . . .any . . .power!”

“Captain!”
eric9144
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ May 24 2022, 12:17 PM) *

Are the rear calipers Ate /6 or replica /6?

@Montreal914 The real deal first.gif a la PMB
mepstein
It's actually a very well priced kit and will save a lot of time tracking down the parts individually, especially the unobtanium front hubs. beerchug.gif
PlaysWithCars
Is there an advantage of these front calipers over the BMW 320 conversion (ATE)? How do piston sizes and pad sizes compare?

The hubs are the magic part of this kit to allow vented rotors on 4 lug set up.
mepstein
It’s M sized pistons (work perfectly with rear 914-6 calipers) with S sized pads in a caliper that weighs half the bmw or m caliper. Very desirable and getting harder to find.
914werke
...and they bolt up vs the mods necessary to fit the bmw units
eric9144
**SOLD to @JoeD pending payment**
Looks like these may end up on exactly what I was hoping for, a big Raby 4, should be a hell of a sleeper driving.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 28 2022, 11:57 AM) *

**SOLD to @JoeD pending payment**
Looks like these may end up on exactly what I was hoping for, a big Raby 4, should be a hell of a sleeper driving.gif

Sounds like the perfect combo. Big brakes without adaptors or lots of extra weight.
JoeD
Thanks @eric9144! Everything else is sorted on this car except the brakes. I was really in a dilemma and then this popped up! Can't wait... now the car will stop as fast as it can go! shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.