Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eastern Canada Transmission Clinic?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mihai914
Hi to all fellow Canadians.

I'm trying to plan a transmission clinic in Montreal with Dr Evil sometime in July.

I have 6 people locally already and am trying to get some more people to make it worth while for Dr Evil to make the trip and the clinic.

I know there were plans for a clinic in 2019 at Mark Henry's place that got cancelled because of Covid. If it's still in the plans, please let me know so we don't chase two rabbits at the same time.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.
mobymutt
I was going to attend the Mark Henry one, but I don't know if there are still any plans for it or not.

I would attend one in Montreal, but I'll lose the whole summer of driving if I have to take my car apart for a July clinic.
mihai914
QUOTE(mobymutt @ May 16 2022, 09:33 AM) *

I was going to attend the Mark Henry one, but I don't know if there are still any plans for it or not.

I would attend one in Montreal, but I'll lose the whole summer of driving if I have to take my car apart for a July clinic.

I sent a PM to Mark to see if anything is in the works and maybe combine everybody's efforts.

Maybe you can get a core transmission from Mike's 914s to attend the clinic. I'm surprised you don't have spares av-943.gif
Dr Evil
@mobymutt the one at Marks fell apart as life and the COVID hit. I haven't asked him about it as I wasn't sure I could get free to do a clinic in the near future. Then....the French Canadians showed up and started tempting me. Since its in driving distance, and I have yet to see Quebec, Im interested. My wife is on board and we plan to drag the little evils along.

@Mihai let see what's up. Pretty sure the wife already processed passport papers. I will check.

To anyone else wanting a clinic, if I can't drive there and take the kids, its gonna be a few. Need to have the littles potty trained and slightly less feral before I feel ok leaving the wife alone to handle them.
mobymutt
QUOTE(mihai914 @ May 16 2022, 11:10 AM) *

I sent a PM to Mark to see if anything is in the works and maybe combine everybody's efforts.

Maybe you can get a core transmission from Mike's 914s to attend the clinic. I'm surprised you don't have spares av-943.gif

Good thought!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mihai914 @ May 16 2022, 11:10 AM) *

Go for it!
I'm too busy to host one this year and I might be tearing up the driveway around the shop this summer, so my yard will likely be a mess.
mihai914
Thanks Mark for giving us an update.

So it looks that the "Montreal" transmission clinic is pretty much the only option for Eastern Canada.

Anyone else want to tag along? Members from upstate NY, NH and VT are welcome also.

The final date is not fixed yet as it depends on Dr Evil's availability.

I will keep everyone posted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.