Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front trunk/hood will not close
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WizPorsche914
Help please my 71 Front trunk/hood will not close. I cannot get it to latch down fully.

I tried spraying WD-40 into the latch & you can hear the cable moving too. Any ideas ?
mgphoto
Take a Phillips screwdriver, push down on the catch of the lock mechanism to see if it will function. You may see that the catch is latched without the it engaging, just pull the handle to release.
Take a photo of the the mechanism.
WizPorsche914

Will do thanks !

QUOTE(mgphoto @ May 17 2022, 01:08 PM) *

Take a Phillips screwdriver, push down on the catch of the lock mechanism to see if it will function. You may see that the catch is latched without the it engaging, just pull the handle to release.
Take a photo of the the mechanism.

Robarabian
Sometimes when you pull the handle out to release it, it doesn't return all the way and the cable holds it open. Make sure you have pushed in the T handle all the way forward and then try to close it. Happens to me all the time.
WizPorsche914
Good idea thanks

QUOTE(Robarabian @ May 17 2022, 01:46 PM) *

Sometimes when you pull the handle out to release it, it doesn't return all the way and the cable holds it open. Make sure you have pushed in the T handle all the way forward and then try to close it. Happens to me all the time.

Front yard mechanic
You have to many cases of German beer n there beerchug.gif
WizPorsche914
Got it !! The latch part was stuck down once I popped it up with a screwdriver it worked fine.
WizPorsche914
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ May 17 2022, 06:16 PM) *

You have to many cases of German beer n there beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
mgphoto
Now a little white lube, spray is easiest to apply.
WizPorsche914

Will do thanks.

QUOTE(mgphoto @ May 17 2022, 08:46 PM) *

Now a little white lube, spray is easiest to apply.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.