Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do original 914/6 heat exchangers sell for?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Was at a local parts house today and stumbled across a part in decent condition. I told the vendor I’d ask here for a ballpark value since neither of us know.

Full disclosure I’m not buying then nor trying to sell them, honestly just looking to get an idea of value.

Thanks!
mb911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ May 17 2022, 03:43 PM) *

Was at a local parts house today and stumbled across a part in decent condition. I told the vendor I’d ask here for a ballpark value since neither of us know.

Full disclosure I’m not buying then nor trying to sell them, honestly just looking to get an idea of value.

Thanks!

Depends on condition.

I sell repaired sets for 1-1500 depending on what was needed to repair them.
Cairo94507
Ben is right on the money. Nicer ones for maybe $2K, not so nice $1K. It is the shipping that will kill you. I sold a set and it was about $300+ to ship them. wacko.gif
GeorgeRud
Unless you need them for concours, I’d go for Ben’s reproductions (if still available). Though it’s usually the envelopes that rust out, the tubing can also develop leaks after all these years. Either way, I’d keep a carbon monoxide detector in the car just in case.
mb911
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ May 18 2022, 09:51 AM) *

Unless you need them for concours, I’d go for Ben’s reproductions (if still available). Though it’s usually the envelopes that rust out, the tubing can also develop leaks after all these years. Either way, I’d keep a carbon monoxide detector in the car just in case.

Mine are NLA. Long story and not worth talking about.

I do have my set that is a single heat exchanger setup that I will be selling shortly to put stock ones on for now. Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 18 2022, 09:53 AM) *

Ben is right on the money. Nicer ones for maybe $2K, not so nice $1K. It is the shipping that will kill you. I sold a set and it was about $300+ to ship them. wacko.gif

That shipping is really high. Ben has sent out lots of sets for under $100. If you don’t have an account with a shipper, retail shipping prices are really high.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
3500 a set in immaculate condition

QUOTE(Tdskip @ May 17 2022, 04:43 PM) *

Thanks!

Tdskip
Thanks for the discussion and education, I appreciate all of the responses.
NARP74
Slightly off topic but all the players are here. Does anyone make a bolt on heat exchanger add on that goes on headers? Dumb question that popped out before I thought about it...
mb911
QUOTE(NARP74 @ May 18 2022, 01:04 PM) *

Slightly off topic but all the players are here. Does anyone make a bolt on heat exchanger add on that goes on headers? Dumb question that popped out before I thought about it...

I am thinking about doing this aftermarket headers.
nditiz1
Double post
nditiz1

I would be into this as well
fixer34
Wasn't someone (Dansk?) making factory style repro's for a while? Thought there was some fitment issues though.
rgalla9146
I was lucky to hold onto one NOS drivers side and an outstanding passenger side too.
I tend to keep the hardest parts to get......just in case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.