Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do two RIGHTS make a LEFT?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
'74 2.0 all stock, roughly 22K miles

All, I am replacing all of the replaceables on the front to refresh the ride - did the rear last year

I am powder coating the A-Arms and the Spindles Bilstein Green, as well as the stabilizer arms which will be Yellow.

I took the two torsion bars out, neither of them are damaged, all of the paint is fresh (RED) HOWEVER I was a bit confused.....

1. There is a blue strip on the torsion bar, should it be towards the front or rear?
2. BOTH of these rods are marked R as in RIGHT. There are two RIGHTS....pretty certain that these have never been out. Lot's of reasons but my question is there really a Right and Left for torrsion rods or would they put in what they have?

Thank you Teeners!

I know I know thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

will get to it
bdstone914
Normally the bars are installed with the L or R on the end of the bar at the rear. I think the stripe is twoard the back of the bar. It is possible to install the opposite side bar flipped end for end on the "wrong" side. They need to be twisted the same direction as they were iriginally installed.
ctc911ctc
blink.gif blink.gif As luck would have it I am not sure how the right side went in, though the LEFT side had an R on the REAR of the rod..........pretty certain the BLUE stripe was toward the front of the RIGHT side.......yea, I am going with that.......

Any other opinions as to TWO RIGHT torsion rods?

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 17 2022, 09:03 PM) *

Normally the bars are installed with the L or R on the end of the bar at the rear. I think the stripe is toward the back of the bar. It is possible to install the opposite side bar flipped end for end on the "wrong" side. They need to be twisted in the same direction as they were originally installed.
914fahrer
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.