Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odometer repair info in a haystack - copy please?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
73kg2.0
Odometer repair info is in here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Can someone please copy the link here if you know it?

Thanks!
KG
worn
QUOTE(73kg2.0 @ May 20 2022, 11:52 AM) *

Thanks!
KG

Pelican. I will look, but that is where it is.
914sgofast2
Look in the Lapuwali Classic Repair section of the 914 Forum for the info thread. However, if the speedometer needle works but the odometer mileage counters don’t work, there are two (2) possible failure points: (1) the odometer drive gear has gotten loose on its shaft and is slipping, or ;(2) the speedometer body support arms for the odometer gear shaft have worn oval and the gears don’t fully mesh anymore. If the problem is #(2), then you need another speedometer that isn’t worn out or you need to send yours to someone lime Palo Alto Speedometer for a rebuild.
73kg2.0
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ May 20 2022, 07:25 PM) *

Look in the Lapuwali Classic Repair section of the 914 Forum for the info thread. However, if the speedometer needle works but the odometer mileage counters don’t work, there are two (2) possible failure points: (1) the odometer drive gear has gotten loose on its shaft and is slipping, or ;(2) the speedometer body support arms for the odometer gear shaft have worn oval and the gears don’t fully mesh anymore. If the problem is #(2), then you need another speedometer that isn’t worn out or you need to send yours to someone lime Palo Alto Speedometer for a rebuild.

Appreciate the tip. Speedo works.
73kg2.0
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 20 2022, 07:27 PM) *

Thanks much. Got the Pelican article. Seems they still have to upload or reload images. Pelican is typically very good at this.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Hartmut at Palo Alto Speedometer. Does a perfect job

QUOTE(73kg2.0 @ May 20 2022, 12:52 PM) *

Thanks!
KG

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.