Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel GT valance flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I have been thinking about making these for years. Is anyone interested in flares for the rear valance on GT flared cars? This is just a mock up and needs to be tweeked before laser. Thinking $75-100 a set. Let me know if interestedClick to view attachment
Superhawk996
I'd be interested . . . but having said that I won't be needing a set for a couple years.

With all the flared cars out there, seems like there ought to be a market. The rear valance looks pretty horrific on flared cars without matching up to the flares.
nditiz1
So these are add ons to a std valence?

Is your car shown with this mod now or are you running the flared rear valence from George?
mb911
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ May 22 2022, 06:22 AM) *

So these are add ons to a std valence?

Is your car shown with this mod now or are you running the flared rear valence from George?

Nick,

Mine is George's fiber glass option. I am using that for now. It fits Ok but a little short as you can see. If I can get 10 people in on these I will make the sets up. As I said likely under $100 shipped and would allow for the end user to adjust as needed. My goal would be $75 shipped for a set which is not unrealistic.
Steve
I would be interested if you made the whole metal rocker panel. For me, it’s too much hassle to find someone to weld it on and do the fit and finish to make it look right. My current car has Getty Design bolt on fiberglass rockers. I do know that some shops weld the flairs on without fitting the rockers first and then you have to jury rig the rockers to make it look right.
slowrodent
Price point is very good. I'd be interested in seeing the final product!
mb911
QUOTE(Steve @ May 23 2022, 05:59 AM) *

I would be interested if you made the whole metal rocker panel. For me, it’s too much hassle to find someone to weld it on and do the fit and finish to make it look right. My current car has Getty Design bolt on fiberglass rockers. I do know that some shops weld the flairs on without fitting the rockers first and then you have to jury rig the rockers to make it look right.

Yes for sure. I have found there is no such thing as 1 size fits all on these cars. Each on is different and that is a problem.

T.Rick6
I'm in for a set beerchug.gif Todd
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 23 2022, 11:26 AM) *

Yes for sure. I have found there is no such thing as 1 size fits all on these cars. Each on is different and that is a problem.

I believe the proper way is to install the flares and then fit the rockers to the flares. Fender flares need to be fit properly to the wheel opening regardless of rocker length. They become a structural element of the car. Rocker covers are cosmetic. They fill in the gap between the flares but don’t determine it. Same with bumpers. You fit them to the car, not the opposite.
Steve
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 23 2022, 09:52 AM) *

I believe the proper way is to install the flares and then fit the rockers to the flares. Fender flares need to be fit properly to the wheel opening regardless of rocker length. They become a structural element of the car. Rocker covers are cosmetic. They fill in the gap between the flares but don’t determine it. Same with bumpers. You fit them to the car, not the opposite.

I guess I’m lucky then. My Getty rocker panels have not been modified and everything looks great including the front and rear GT valance. All bolt one.
Beach boys racing installed them.
mepstein
QUOTE(Steve @ May 23 2022, 03:04 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 23 2022, 09:52 AM) *

I guess I’m lucky then. My Getty rocker panels have not been modified and everything looks great including the front and rear GT valance. All bolt one.
Beach boys racing installed them.

Yes, lucky. When I got my GT flares from AA during the group buy, I also purchased GT rocker panels. One was 3/4" of an inch longer than the other.

I do like the idea of an all steel rear valance. Fiberglass often seems to crack around the mounting holes and won't survive a curb hit like metal.
maf914
I am in for a set. Thanks, Ben.
silverg
I need a whole flared rear valence
mb911
QUOTE(silverg @ May 23 2022, 12:04 PM) *

I need a whole flared rear valence

That's what these will do. Just weld em to your valance.
r_towle
I would go for a set
silverg
Understood - still waiting for whole valence, no welding required.
mb911
QUOTE(silverg @ May 24 2022, 04:29 AM) *

Understood - still waiting for whole valence, no welding required.

Well that is not happening here unless I find a stash of cores to do the welding to.
silverg
Thanks Ben; please put me on your list if you do. I know it will be a quality piece!
mb911
QUOTE(silverg @ May 24 2022, 12:41 PM) *

Thanks Ben; please put me on your list if you do. I know it will be a quality piece!

I have 1 steel one in my attic so it might be doable for you.
mb911
Just got the laser cuts in. I will make up a few sets and get them out there. Let me know if your interested.
mb911
Adding these to my website today. $ 40 a set plus shipping. They will come tacked up only. I don’t have extra time to weld them all up right now. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
I have 20 sets of these tacked and ready to go.
mb911
I have a bunch of these still
ssstikircr
I would be interested n in a set…. Thanks
mb911
QUOTE(ssstikircr @ Apr 23 2023, 03:49 PM) *

I would be interested n in a set…. Thanks

Send me an email or go to my site to order www.914-6werkshop.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.