Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Complete parts for 2056 engine build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ddriver
Complete set of parts for 2056 engine build. See attached list. Includes heads and valve train, Nickie cylinder, JE pistons, rods, bearing, crank, gaskets, Some parts are new in boxes, some come from previous engine build.

In 2008 I had a shop build a 2056 engine for a vintage 914 race car to run on pump gas. Engine did not run well, so I had a new engine builder tear down engine and source parts for new rebuild. After waiting forever, in 2011 I decided to put a 2.7 six in the car through a different engine builder. Have held onto all the parts since then thinking that I might put the engine in another car, but after 10 years I realize that's not going to happen.

$2,500 plus shipping.

I also have the 2.0 case, engine covers, engine tin and miscellaneous other parts if needed.

PM if interested and I can post/send photos.
JamesJ
I just sent a PM
ddriver
Attached is a photo of the 2056 engine parts. Also attached is a photo of the case which was not included in the price but is available.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
JamesJ
Hello,
Did you receive my personal message?
Geezer914
That is a good deal! The Nickie's and pistons alone are worth the price!
BENBRO02
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 23 2022, 11:22 AM) *

That is a good deal! The Nickie's and pistons alone are worth the price!

If it’s not a scam.
Montreal914
2nd in line please. smile.gif
ddriver
This is not a scam. I've had these parts in my garage for over 10 years, and it's just time to move on. I have invoices for all the parts. I still have a 914 with a 6. It shows me as a new member, but I have been on this board (914 Club before this) for 15 years but haven't signed on in the last 10 years.

Thanks to those who have sent me PMs. I believe I have responded to all.

In researching the invoices I have learned that the crank is a 78mm and may be for a larger engine than a 2056. I just don't remember exactly what the engine builder had planned back in 2010, and I'm not very technical. It also appears that the case may have issues with bearing movement, but I'm not charging for the case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.