Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb Set-up shopping list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ronatl
I'm more than likely going to convert my 1.7L FI to a carborated setup. Can anyone give me a shopping list of parts that I will need aside from purchasing a carb kit?
My list so far consists of only a Facet Fuel Pump, and carb kit/linkages. Will I need hoses, fittings, etc? Thanks in advance.

ronatl
MJHanna
Get a rotary pump they are better than the Facet pump, you need fuel line and a T Fitting, hose clamps to hold the fuel lines and a return spring for the carbs. dance.gif
rhodyguy
fuel pressure regulator, 20' of 8.5 mm fuel rated hose ( that's enough to do the center tunnel as well), a dozen line clamps (not the grooved ones), a stock 914 fuel filter ( placed infront of the pump), a GOOD cross bar set up, the correct carb size for your application. do you intend to stay with a 1.7? shop around you may be able to pick up indidual items, like a wtb in the classified's here, and save some dough. caution with regards to some linkage setups. they DON'T include the throttle cable holder and you will have to fab one up. what's the budget?

kevin
ronatl
I'm using 1.7L heads machined to 96mm P/C set on a 2.0L case. I was hoping to stay at or below $500 so 44 webers may not be in order. Considering dual 34 ICT's. I also saw somewhere, something about an edelbrock setup, but I think it was expensive. I just want it to be a good daily driver with not too much maintenance.
ronatl
Kevin,

Any particular fuel pressure regulator, or just off the shelf? In my parts basket I also have a Crane Fireball x700 electronic ignition that I'd like to install. Are there any conflicts with any of these things?

Honestly, I'm still pretty green at all this car stuff, so everyone's suggestion is welcome.
Aaron Cox
get a purolator adjustable fuel pressure regulator from a bug shop. same people who make the facet, its like 'profuel' or something
seanery
Here's a single carb setup on ebay right now.

Carb & Manifold
MarkV
I have a set of Dellorto 40's on my 2 litre that are going to be for sale. CB rotary pump & hex linkage, Bosch 050 distributor, sync tool & Dellorto installation/tunning manual. It will probably be a month or so before they are available. They were rebuilt about 5,000 miles ago and work perfect. Send me a message if you are interested. mueba.gif
Matt914MI
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 24 2003, 10:34 PM)
Here's a single carb setup on ebay right now.

Carb & Manifold

This same kit came with my car. My 1.7 runs great with it after I rebuilt the carb with about $35 worth of parts. Of course, I haven't driven the car since I rebuilt it..... kinda hard with no rear half of the floorpan. After the structural work I'm going to decide if I want to get a couple nice big webbers for the engine I have, or a 911 or subaru engine. We'll see I guess.
Brad Roberts
Help me out guys.. why in the HELL do you need the fuel pressure regulator on a car with dual carbs and a rotary pump (or Facet for that fact) ? The pumps run wide open at 3.5-4.5 psi (perfect for carbs)

Oh.. Your 1911 config wont need anything larger than dual 40's. I run 44's on 2056's and end up choking them down to almost the same thing I run on stock 2.0's.

Something that hasnt been mentioned.... your going to need a throttle cable mount.

B
ronatl
Thanks, I'll check out ebay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.