Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
Decel valve, side (suck) to under plenum, nose to (?)

sad.gif

I bumped something!

M
bd1308
pelican has a hose diagram.

tech section
redshift
Yes, it's very helpful, it's like a tit without a nipple.

DAVE!!

M
bd1308
laugh.gif

i took mine out a long time ago.

just plugged up the offending holes.
redshift
The suck side is under the plenum, the nose is plugged into the airbox..

I hope that is right.

Ok, barring new developments, my car is a low yield nuke, and pulls like a tractor to redline, and it hasn't cut out on me in 20 minutes of driving.

But, I went to the bank, in 2 minutes... hot start now..

wacko.gif
ben1440
What is the decel valve for exactly. I have mine hooked up on my 1.8 l-jet. would there be a benefit to plugging it on the air box and on the other side? I also have the nose plugged on the airbox where it would go to an egr valve which i do not have in my car.
redshift
huh.gif rolleyes.gif

YAY!!!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Dave_Darling
The DV is just a valve. When the little line sees a high enough vacuum, it unblocks the air passage between the two large lines. So the large ones can go either way around--one connects to the manifold, one to the air cleaner.

On a 1.8, that last one would connect to the rubber "boot" between the air flow meter and the throttle valve.

--DD
redshift
Thanks Dave.

(I mean for turning around in your avatar)

biggrin.gif

M
Bleyseng
its a vacuum leak for emissions so that are hard decel the engine has a bit more air. rip it out.........plug the hoses.
redshift
idea.gif

No! It's too close to the MPS, and I am not having parts thinking that they are next, and just giving up.

biggrin.gif

M
bd1308
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Aug 4 2005, 07:59 AM)
its a vacuum leak for emissions so that are hard decel the engine has a bit more air. rip it out.........plug the hoses.

i'm telling ya miles, rip that out man.
ClayPerrine
The 2.4 doesn't have one (never did) and the 1.8 decel valve was removed and replaced with an idle up solenoid for the AC (which, btw, is not big enough).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.