Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 914 2.0 to 6 cylinder ?.? twin plug conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lsr911
Purchased as a roller in 1994. Quickly converted to 5 lug with RSR struts and alloys. Then it sat in storage until November 2021. Yes, 27 years in my storage! First step was to strip down to just the tub and placed on a rotisserie. Off the body and paint. Brad Mayer longitudinal kit installed along with GT rear stiffing kit. Trailing arms boxed at the same time. Build is for performance street. The 914 flexible flyer issues should be eliminated. Additional body work eliminated the turn signal warts and deck lid lock assembly. Battery box replacement was the only sheet metal repair needed. Stock front fenders stretched to easily accommodate 7” fronts. Rear fenders metal worked and stretched to accommodate up to 9” wheels. All factory lips and profile retained.

Then off to the media blaster for a total blast strip. Next step was a electrostatic epoxy primer. This material goes every where and the bindis incredible. After the trip back to paint and body the prep work begins. A lot of time making certain gaps are correct then prime and block and block until it is straight and smooth as glass. Next step is color selection.
Lsr911
Final prime before paint. My first and favorite 914-6 in 1977 was tangerine. Seems like a good way to go so we did some spray outs of tangerine with different pearls added. The final selection is really going to pop!Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
autopro
Wow great color choice with the pearl, I bet it will really pop out in the sun.
Lsr911
Doors and deck lids painted. The tub is next. I admire all the members that have the time and ability to perform their own body and paint. Joe’s has done a fantastic job for me. After it cures for a few weeks I will hang the suspension, make it a roller and trailer home. Currently gathering parts and starting the engine build. Seeing that 72 six conversion on BAT a few days ago hammer for $110,000.00 with the buyer fee creates motivation to carry on and not worry about $$$ being spent.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
flyer86d
It looks great! You reinforced it like I did so there are less worries with more horsepower. I don’t worry about the value, I am doing it for me.

Charlie
Lsr911
The body is now painted. After a complete paint cure a multi part bed liner in the same color will be applied to compartments and the complete underbody.

The fenders have an aggressive stock appearance and will fit 7 and 9” wheels. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
porschetub
QUOTE(Lsr911 @ Jun 9 2022, 10:17 AM) *

The body is now painted. After a complete paint cure a multi part bed liner in the same color will be applied to compartments and the complete underbody.

The fenders have an aggressive stock appearance and will fit 7 and 9” wheels. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Nice paint and great colour,think you made a typo ? no way a will 9inch wheel will fit a narrow body,7 inch Fuches will fit all round the rear @ a pinch.
What engine are you looking at ?.
9146C
Looks great! Looking forward to seeing how your build progresses.
Freezin 914
Car is looking very good…….. popcorn[1].gif
porschetub
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 9 2022, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Lsr911 @ Jun 9 2022, 10:17 AM) *

Nice paint and great colour,think you made a typo ? no way a will 9inch wheel will fit a narrow body,7 inch Fuches will fit all round the rear @ a pinch.
What engine are you looking at ?.

Forget the comment about the wheel teach me to read all of the thread chair.gif .
Cairo94507
Congratulations on a beautiful color and paint job. I love the flares you went with. I look forward to seeing this all come together. beerchug.gif
gereed75
Wow. You must have been saving up motivation while storing the car!! Really hit the ground running

Love the color and the flair treatment. GT wide bodies are great but narrow body street sleepers are the bomb!
campbellcj
Looking great! I prefer (and have) non-GT style flares as well; running 8's all around for street and 8/9s on track. Looking forward to seeing it come together further
rgalla9146

The fender treatments are outstanding.
Very......sneeky
Beautiful
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.