Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trigger Pickup Need Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
azbill
Is one location better then an other? Who makes a bolt on crank pick up device. The engine is out, split from the transmission and all of the tin is off. So I thought it would be a good time update the ignition and fuel injection systems.

Thanks Guys
Mueller
what kind of signal do you need?

1 per event? or do you need more resolution?

/4 or /6?

if /6 and you need a 60-1 wheel, Clewett Engineering

if /6 and 36-1 wheel do a search for Dr. Evil's post on his megaspark (EDIS based) ignition wheel

if /4, do a search for Dave Hunt's install, his came out better than mine
(2 wheels shown for comparison)

I am not using the crank trigger setup now, instead my triggering come from the distributor (locked mechanical, my ECU controls the spark)

user posted image

if you need only 1 signal per event and a /4, Ben M. and Mark Henery mounted the magnet for the hall effect sensor on the fan

Hopefully they will chime in and post pictures.
lapuwali
Yes, you need to decide if you want to run a Hall-effect (magnets) or VR sensor (ferrous toothed wheel), which will depend on what you'll be hooking this up to. MS will do either. SDS and Perfect Power use Hall-effect. EDIS and Electromotive use VR. Dave Hunt is using an EDIS setup, Ben M a PP, Mark H is using SDS.

The cleanest installation on the Type IV is to do something like what Dave Hunt or Mark H did, which is to replace the spacer washer between the fan hub and the crank with a wheel. The sensors mount on the back side of the fan housing nicely. Ben glued magnets to the forward rim of the fan and bolted the Hall sensor to the bosses on the front of the housing (used on Busses for a gravel shield).

There are no "bolt-on" systems for the Type IV, btw.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.