Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: THANK YOU to all who have served
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment

Oscar

BeatNavy
Back at you, Oscar thumb3d.gif

But more specifically, remembering those that didn't make it back. Thank you, and RIP.
930cabman
Indeed, we cannot know the level of service many men/women performed for us to live in a free country. Thank you is not near enough. pray.gif
Dion
Yes , thank you my friends for your sacrifices helping protect this country’s freedoms.
I’m not a vet but my father was 101st Airborne.
Always remember.

mlindner
Yes, thank you. A very special generation.
Geezer914
It is to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country so we could enjoy the freedoms we have. RIP.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 30 2022, 09:38 AM) *

It is to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country so we could enjoy the freedoms we have. RIP.

agree.gif flag.gif for those that never made it home . We honor you today.
76-914
flag.gif pray.gif flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif Thank you. smilie_pokal.gif
Van B
When I flew C-130’s we routinely carried casualties out of the combat zone. 1Lt Dustin Vincent was the last fatality I flew out a month before the end of OIF. We hoped he would be the last, but we knew he wouldn’t be. I think for that reason, he and an airman I lost to suicide stay in my mind more than others.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/dust...y?pid=154528845
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/josh...y?pid=167025617
sb914
Thanks dad and to all who served!
Freezin 914
Thank you to all who served this great country. I hope you all enjoy this Memorial Day with your loved ones.
StratPlayer
US Army 1963-1966 beer.gif
mgp4591
My dad served in the Navy for 26 yrs in public info and Naval intelligence from the last days of the Korean war tp just after Vietnam. We move frequently and were always involved in activities on base or at sea. It was a very cool time to be 11 yrs old, in an atomic submarine under simulated attack from a destroyer armed with dummy Hedgehogs and hearing them clank on the outer shell of the sub. Or on the deck of a carrier as 2 F4s cranked overhead at mach1+ shortly after being in the tower watching videoed landings of A4s next to the Captain. Not to mention getting a personal note from Gemini 6 crewmember Wally Schirra telling me to keep up my good grades! That whole "dad on the recovery ship" thing... I still have it.
That said, I've been privileged to see what goes into serving our country this way after seeing my dad my brother, and 3 uncles enlist and grow from the experience. It takes all kinds of sacrifice in some ways and gives back so much to the rest of us as a country.
Thank you one and all, past and present, for your personal sacrifice and service.
Literati914
Yes indeed flag.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.