Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 on BHCC - Just Sold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1973-po...4-6-c-14105.htm

Seems like a pretty solid platform but the SUN destroyed the top and inside.

Good Luck to whoever got this one.......

I am a bit behind, I know this listing is from earlier this month......
GeorgeRud
Looks to me as if you’re really buying a VIN more than a car as almost every panel needs reworking or replacing. Those longs are completely gone,so I assume the other trouble spots are equally in need of attention.
raynekat
Car was a complete mess and would take a brave individual with lots of funds to resurrect it.
rgalla9146

Has the 914 6 tail shift cover.
What did it sell for ?
ctc911ctc

They were asking 39,500 - not sure as to where it ended.

Also, no indication of matching numbers - but my experience with BHCC is sometime you need to ask,

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 30 2022, 07:20 PM) *

Has the 914 6 tail shift cover.
What did it sell for ?

ctc911ctc
One more thing,

Interesting place though pretty far from Beverly Hill (City of Industry) - did see this 3 years past, 1956 all original, never painted Speedster - 220K

Click to view attachment
gms
I see a lot of good about this car and am really surprised to read people bashing it.
Look at the the trunks, look at the pan...this car has a lot going for it and it is a pretty rare color Bahia Red

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
gms
pretty clean rear panel
Click to view attachment

the real issue might be the engine
Click to view attachment
ctc911ctc
I was also intrigued that the floor panels were solid but the Longs were rusted through.......

confused24.gif

Seems that it might have lived in the north prior to coming to the desert? - the sun really did a number on all of the vinyl/rubber.
...so I went and looked at this car, Andy went with me. Solid front trunk, solid rear trunk with body number still visible. It has all VIN tags windshield A pillar, body tag on headlight bucket, compliance decal and stamping on inner pass wheel well and all numbers match. It also had the paint code tag showing Bahia Red which was not available until 1971. This is not a 72 and of course not a 73 as stated. Many if not all of the 914-6 parts are there. They allowed me to pull the oil screen so I was able to feel up inside the engine case and it is free of corrosion. The trans is a 741 and the engine number falls into place as being correct according to the graph on world and also when looking at the closest cars to it and their relative engines so I am convinced it is numbers matching. What looks like rust along the left and right longs when looking at the photos of the underside is actually just undercoating that is peeling away though as we can all see, the right side outer long is rotted out. The inner and outer lower fire wall is solid and both suspension consoles look solid. I don't see any sign of a major accident or even a minor hit to the car when looking at the front and rear trunks. Not rotted out under dash or below the fuel cell (tank was out and missing). Fenders have been cut and fiberglass flares were installed. In a packet of paper work I found pictures of a lady who owned the car and it was last registered on 1982. Front floor is rotted out where the gas pedal doubler mounts but other then that it seems ok though it is probably has some rust in the floor along the longs on the inside to some degree. It was cool to see that it has a real Scheel seat in it an 4 adjustable Koni reds front and rear, I believe these came on the GT cars though I'm not saying this is a GT or an M471. It has early S Calipers in front and the correct hard to find calipers in the rear. It is a clear title.

Yes it has been sold and I know this because I bought it. biggrin.gif I didn't pay what they were asking, I was able to negotiate it down some. I was told that the owner of BHCC had been chasing this car for 6 years and the family finally sold it to him. Yes he probably got it for a lot less then I paid but I'm happy with my purchase and I'm looking forward to restoring it in the future.
Thanks guys and gals,
Kent S.
Sitting in front of my shop.
Hitched to Andy's FJ because mine is in the shop and because Andy is a cool dude that never says no to helping me out.
BTW I do blame him for my addiction to 914's and FJ's for that matter.
Cairo94507
Congratulations Kent! This cars future os so bright it needs to wear shades. Looking forward to seeing it happen. beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
Given what real sixes go for, this was a good buy. Nice it's in good hands! I hope to see a build thread on it.
nditiz1
This is turning into a good story
popcorn[1].gif
Maltese Falcon
Torque Thrust alloy wheels do have a nice appearance with a professional polish. This will be a very cool restoration, in the right hands/ in the right shop @914350 welder.gif
marty914.jpg
Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ May 31 2022, 08:50 PM) *

This is turning into a good story
popcorn[1].gif

agree.gif

Good to see another on the path to resurrection and in the hands of a World member!

Can't wait to see how this one turns out.
Steve
Congratulations Kent!!
mate914
Glad it will survive. Good luck with the resto.

Matt flag.gif
Pro American energy
ValcoOscar
Congrats Kent

Looking forward to the transformation of this beauty. beerchug.gif
I know some knock BHCC but they do have some rather rare cars. And lots of them.

I have been there several times to inspect 914's and they have always been very accommodating.

Family run business.

Oscar
930cabman
QUOTE(gms @ May 31 2022, 08:55 AM) *

I see a lot of good about this car and am really surprised to read people bashing it.
Look at the the trunks, look at the pan...this car has a lot going for it and it is a pretty rare color Bahia Red

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Funny how people seem to bash, who cares, the buyer paid the $$ and good for him. He has a desirable model
EdwardBlume
Congratulations! Now get it fixed!
ctc911ctc
Yea, kinda guessed it was one of you guys........good to hear - who else would see that as a treasure!

Seems like VERY good bones!

WELL DONE,

100point restro?
r_towle
Did you start it yet?

You know you want to.
horizontally-opposed
Those flares + Bahia give off strong #59 vibes…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.