Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Latest 914 +$100K sale on BAT!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer

Sold for a 105K
Ansbacher
I guess there's a buyer for any and everything in this world. 914s like this do not interest me in the least. Well, whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Ansbacher
Cairo94507
Well, I liked it and it sounded good to me. The first thing I would do, however, would be to remove the Porsche badges from the sail panels. I would also put the 914-6 emblem in the correct spot (it's to far right) and see if that hood emblem can be removed. Really minor stuff; it is a good looking car. beerchug.gif
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 30 2022, 04:01 PM) *

The first thing I would do, however, would be to remove the Porsche badges from the sail panels.

agree.gif NARP syndrome av-943.gif

Due to my own prejudice I don't like the idea of a Holly on a Porsche. laugh.gif

Otherwise appealing car but I can't believe the price yikes.gif for a conversion.
GregAmy
I wonder if the bidder(s) understand this wasn't ever a real 914-6? It's not mentioned in the ad, except for the VIN.

I mean, it's a real nice car, but...wow.
GeorgeRud
It shows that BAT is a good place to sell a car, but not a great place to buy one! However, you could easily spend that much recreating this car if you paid shops to do all the work.
raynekat
Pretty similar to Snoopy, my 914-6 narrow body conversion with the 2.7 MFI engine. This car cost $150k to build per seller...mine was even more. High quality conversions are as nice and every bit as expensive to build as a real six.

The particular FI system on this car had me scratching my head as well. Great color.
Robarabian
QUOTE(raynekat @ May 30 2022, 03:54 PM) *

Pretty similar to Snoopy, my 914-6 narrow body conversion with the 2.7 MFI engine. This car cost $150k to build per seller...mine was even more. High quality conversions are as nice and every bit as expensive to build as a real six.

The particular FI system on this car had me scratching my head as well. Great color.

I had spoken to the owner Mike long before he listed the car, as he was in one of the Facebook groups. He said the Holley system really worked well because of the way the computer learns and adjusts. I guess until someone makes a more plug and play ITB setup, it wasn't a bad way to go. He retained the CIS injection runners and modified the CIS airbox with a metal mount plate to accept the Holley 2 BBL sniper. I give him an A+ for creativity and he said it ran like a bat out of hell at WOT. He did say the Solex cams were a bit lumpy and made it less drivable at lower RPMS. Anyway, I would love to see a plug and play ITB setup from a company like Holley or Borla that didn't require significant knowledge or hourly tuning rates to get retrofitted. I find CIS to be rather.... lackluster on my 6 conversion. Finicky cold starts, not the most responsive etc...
mb911
This is so tempting now for me. I would consider my chassis inferior to this example because of prior rust etc. But very tempting..
rgalla9146

With a tailshifter no less. Also, too tall.
Very clean, but strikes me as done by an American car guy.
jhynesrockmtn
That was fun to follow. The car looked great. I think he said the sail panel emblems had been removed and the area redone but I may have misunderstood that.

I'm wondering what to do with mine. Not nearly what this car is and is set up currently for vintage racing but the mods didn't go too far. No body cuts except for the flares, a lot of factory six parts including the dash, 2.4 built by Deilacher is fresh on a factory 6 case.

I've decided not to continue racing due to some health issues and the recent death of a driver in our club has my wife really spooked, me too. I only took this to one event last year after a couple of years refreshing it from a long slumber.

This auction result almost makes me want to redo the paint and make the interior more street friendly before selling. Hmmmmm???

Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
Whether an outlier or a bellwether, looks like the narrow-body six conversion has finally arrived—and with a strange (but intriguing!) EFI system, a tail shifter, and no HEs.

Didn't think we'd see that this soon, and can't say I am happy to see it even with a narrow-body six conversion in the garage…
Lsr911
Reference the gold conversion sold on BAT in 10-2020 for $93,500 with an impossible to maintain interior. Other than that very nice unit. Add 18 months of the crazy market appreciation and the one just sold was a bargain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.