Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If You're an Ol' Fart Car Guy Watch This
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I was amazed. Best I can figure he is near Blythe, CA. Maybe someone here can enlighten me. I'd love to check this place out. And the 914 too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpVNw1jmB6c
Freezin 914
That’s pretty cool!
914e
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 30 2022, 02:40 PM) *

I was amazed. Best I can figure he is near Blythe, CA. Maybe someone here can enlighten me. I'd love to check this place out. And the 914 too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpVNw1jmB6c

The saguaros tipped me off. They are only native in Arizona and part of Sonora. I'm pretty sure it is in Quartsite AZ, Collector Car Company.
Cairo94507
To me it is just sad to see all of those cars rusting away. Why not sell them and let someone restore them and return them to the road? beerchug.gif
Robarabian
https://classics.autotrader.com/dealers/Qar...ert-garden-cars

There was a website on the Buick in the video...
wonkipop
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 30 2022, 05:03 PM) *

To me it is just sad to see all of those cars rusting away. Why not sell them and let someone restore them and return them to the road? beerchug.gif

its not really a junk yard of cars rusting away.
the guy is retiring and selling his business.
which is restoring cars and sourcing artefacts for museums.
the "junkyard" is the parts storage facility and potential project cars.

this business is known about around the world.

amazing what he has got.
not your standard old hoarder, its an active business thats been going for years.

its all up for sale.
he'd like someone to buy it and keep the business going.
wouldn't be bad living out there in the arizona desert.
dry climate as they say, good for the lungs.

bkrantz
Dry, sure, but just a bit warm in summer.
Jett
Thanks for sharing!

By far the largest collection I have ever seen, but hard to imagine the discipline to keep it as organized as it is.

Love his passion!
VegasRacer
Don't make me have to pick just one. blink.gif idea.gif headbang.gif
maxandgrinch
Followed link provided by Robarbarian. Here is 'the story.' Owner is retiring - the entire empire is for sale.

Poked around to see what I don't need and found a vehicle which I own. After watching the vid would it be surprising if it a vehicle was misidentified? Lets not tell them, only because I might want a second one.

Here's the vehicle. 1940's Hyundai - 1960 Daihatsu they're the same right? Just like the Beetle and 914

Automotive historian hat installed: That little jewel is really a 1959 -1961 Daihatsu MP3 or in the US TriMobile and new for 1959 a steering wheel! Wing windows appeared in '62. Research suggests they were imported in small batches between 1959 and 1969 to try and take on Cushman. If you were willing to buy XX units, you too could be a distributor! They're rare (spare parts support was nil) and that is the 7th one I've seen in the US since buying mine about 12 years ago.

Mine is missing the 12hp air cooled two stroke engine and I'm deciding how fast it needs to be, and what will fit under the seat, it's resting on the to-do list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.