Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Shock reassembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
L-Jet914
Hello everyone. Upon reassembling my rear new rear shocks, it seems that I am missing a washer PET#5? that rests on top of a machined lip on the shock piston rod threaded section. After watching Ian Karr's rear suspension video on YouTube for his bumblebee build the washer that is placed on the shock piston rod is the one I am asking about. I also noticed that Ian is missing the washer that goes below the bottom mounting bushing PET #9. Upon disassembly I still have all required parts besides PET#5 it seems. According to the exploded parts diagram, is the bump stop supposed to be on top of washer #5 or as per the attached photos resting on the bottom of the piston rod? Thank you in advance.
jcd914
Actually the machined washer you are after is part of the original foam bump stop #6 in the picture.
The washer is machined to fit on the stepped end of the shock shaft and has an outer step the foam is attached to.
#5 is a large white plastic washer
#4 is a listed as a cap but I've never seen one.

Jim
L-Jet914
Ah okay. Thank you for the clarification.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.